Editor's note: Jonathan Bales is the founder of DallasCowboysTimes.com and occasionally writes for The New York Times. We thought it'd be fun to have him break out the Xs and Os and Oh Shits before Sunday's big game. We apologize in advance for the nerdiness.
While the "play-in game" that awaits t ... More >>
In the final analysis the Cowboys kept nine rookies, four undrafted free agents, two kickers and zero fullbacks.
If you saw that coming, raise your Labor Day hand. Didn't think so.
We did foresee the departures of Igor Olshansky, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah and Montrae Holland, so not everythi ... More >>
10. Backup quarterback Jon Kitna didn't practice for a second consecutive day on Tuesday because of a sore back yesterday. Move along, nothing to see here. (Fingers crossed.)
9. Owner Jerry Jones thinks running back Felix Jones is the key to the season: "If he's real good, we'll be real go ... More >>
Increasingly concerned that veteran Montrae Holland won't be the answer at right guard in 2011, the Cowboys have begun re-working their offensive line as training camp ends here in San Antonio after this afternoon's final padded practice at The Alamodome.
Yesterday the Cowboys switched vete ... More >>
10. It wasn't exactly football, but it was close. Sunday's Blue-White scrimmage featured a couple of decent hits and some tackling to the ground. For the most part it was 75-percent speed, a juicy appetizer for Thursday's Cowboys-Broncos pre-season opener
9. By my very unscientific and ... More >>
Whether you've reached the end of your rope or merely the end of your week, welcome to Whitt's End:*Only at a Cowboys' training camp can you look on the sidelines one day and see the guys from Deadliest Catch and the next find a dork in an ill-fitting suit and bow tie. Yep, Pee Wee Her ... More >>
10. Impressed yesterday that -- on a players day off -- 6th-round draft choice and receiver Dwayne Harris was running sprints and routes. All by his lonesome.
9. Mat McBriar isn't exactly Rob Ryan, but he's departing pudgy and heading toward fat. McBriar pulled his hamstring running in ... More >>
*Jason Garrett may be changing the culture but his clock might be a bit off. Today's 10 a.m. walkthrough at The Alamodome started at precisely ... 10:30. Actually, he has an excuse. The NFL Players Association was here to get the players' vote to recertify the union.
*Look for first-round draft ... More >>
October victories: Texas Rangers 8, Dallas Cowboys 0.
This is better be the week the Cowboys stop making mistakes and start salvaging their 2010 season. In going 1-4 they have committed 62 penalties and forced only four takeaways. (Giants' defensive lineman Osi Umenyiora has forced ... More >>
Whether you're at the end of your rope or merely the end of your week, welcome to Whitt's End:
*The Texas Rangers' slogan this season: "It's Time". The Texas Rangers' situation on September 3: "It's Over." With 29 games remaining, the Rangers could go 14-15 and the A's would have to go 24- ... More >>
The Cowboys are 2-1 in the preseason. They've suffered numerous injuries but only one serious (tight end John Phillips). The defense has been at times dominating. The offense has been sporadic at best. Kickers Mat McBriar and David Buehler look reliable.
Add it all up and - with meanin ... More >>
When Dallas Cowboys' quarterback Tony Romo drops back to pass Saturday night he'll do it behind an offensive line missing 2/5th of its starters.
Starting left guard Kyle Kosier is the latest casualty after his right knee was rolled into by a pile on a running play during Wedn ... More >>
Yeah, yeah. Who Dat and all that. Congratulations. Hug a troubled city.
Now, let's move on. To 2010. Next season is now this season.
When the NFL kicks off next season your Dallas Cowboys will be a favorite to play in Super Bowl XLV next Februrary in Arlington. According to one online g ... More >>
Send me your players and/or topics to watch and I'll, well, watch 'em.
10. Goofball or not, Martellus Bennett is a badass. He's got the biggest, softest, best hands on the team. Marty B doesn't catch. He plucks. Expect to see plenty two-tight end sets with him and Jason Witten ... More >>
Let's not get greedy. For now we'd settle for a win in December.This?
Just hours before the first practice of training camp here at The Alamodome, I decided to doodle up what the Cowboys' final roster will look like come the Sept. 13th opener at Tampa Bay.
It starts here. And ends up below ... More >>
Ugh.There's a minicamp at Valley Ranch this weekend, only three months before training camp in San Antonio and a mere 139 days until the Dallas Cowboys kick off their 2009 NFL season against the Buccaneers in Tampa.
No better time to look into my crystal football and predict the team's o ... More >>
After the two teammates who disconnected last week connected this week, it was a third-string lineman and a third-string running back who ran the Dallas Cowboys past the New York Giants and firmly into their own playoff destiny Sunday night. Running behind beleaguered left guard Cory Procter, ... More >>