When the New York Jets pushed Tim Tebow overboard sans parachute earlier this week, the quarterback had no shortage of suitors. None of them were with NFL teams, which all seem to have concluded that his miraculous 2011 season was a fluke and that he's not very good, but they were at least pigskin-r ... More >>
New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow is scheduled to speak at First Baptist Dallas at 9:15 am on April 28. Tebow is very open about the role religion plays in his life (good for him) and First Baptist Dallas Reverend Robert Jeffress is also very open about his beliefs, like this factually inaccurate ... More >>
Davynin, Via.[Editor's note: For those who might have forgotten, Michael Corcoran is formerly of the Austin American-Statesman and Dallas Morning News, a one-time Observer contributor and one of my favorite writers in the history of ink. This morning, he dispatches this preview of Saturday night' ... More >>
Jerry Jones said he was "outstanding" despite last week's loss to the Jets. Sunday afternoon in San Francisco the owner almost shed a tear in talking about the quarterback's gutsy performance in a 27-24 overtime victory over the 49ers. It's already been a controversial, mesmerizing, f ... More >>
That's why he keeps on hurting himself and his team.
Let's face it: If the Cowboys are going to be anything but mediocre in 2011, Dez Bryant has to be effective. And to be effective, he's first got to be healthy. Bryant caught three passes for 71 yards early against the Jets, then disappeared in the game's final 52 minutes. Cramps on a 70-deg ... More >>
In the wake of his infuriating, game-losing Texas two-stub Sunday night in New York, Cowboys' quarterback Tony Romo is in the middle of a familiar tug-o'-war. In this corner: Supporters who claim he's an elite player who simply, spectacularly goofed up trying to aggressively make ... More >>
10. Tony Romo negated some great throws -- you'll never see a prettier pass than the 64-yarder to Jason Witten -- with some bone-headed plays. His interception to Darrelle Revis should've never been thrown and how was everyone except the quarterback ready for the snap with :08 ... More >>
Whether you've reached the end of your rope or merely the end of your week, welcome to Whitt's End: *When Jerry Jones admits his team has to "walk before we can run," that's code for "rebuilding." 8-8. *The Jets may well kill the Cowboys Sunday, but aren't we glad Dallas isn't opening up ... More >>
Sunday night at MetLife Stadium the New York Jets will hand out American flags to every fan, and an ass-whipping to America's Team. Remember the part about not betting with your heart, but your head? This is a primo example. I want the Cowboys to win their NFL regular-season open ... More >>
When Tony Romo was sacked by the Giants' Michael Boley last October 25 it broke his collar bone and effectively ended what was already a wobbly Cowboys' 2010 season. It was also, remember, the result of a missed blocking assignment by a rookie. Chris Gronkowski was part of Saturday's cuts b ... More >>
In the final analysis the Cowboys kept nine rookies, four undrafted free agents, two kickers and zero fullbacks. If you saw that coming, raise your Labor Day hand. Didn't think so. We did foresee the departures of Igor Olshansky, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah and Montrae Holland, so not everythi ... More >>
10. Backup quarterback Jon Kitna didn't practice for a second consecutive day on Tuesday because of a sore back yesterday. Move along, nothing to see here. (Fingers crossed.) 9. Owner Jerry Jones thinks running back Felix Jones is the key to the season: "If he's real good, we'll be real go ... More >>
10. To accommodate the veterans who will practice with the team for the first time tonight and to give those fans who get off work later a chance to see their 'Boys, the team has moved its 2:30-5:30 practice this afternoon to 6:30-9:30 tonight at The Alamodome. Players like Doug Free an ... More >>
10. Impressed yesterday that -- on a players day off -- 6th-round draft choice and receiver Dwayne Harris was running sprints and routes. All by his lonesome. 9. Mat McBriar isn't exactly Rob Ryan, but he's departing pudgy and heading toward fat. McBriar pulled his hamstring running in ... More >>
10. Was it just me and Fox 4's Mike Doocy, or was owner Jerry Jones choking up a bit yesterday when talking about the voyage that was lockout negotiations? "We took the boat out into a perfect storm and got the boat back home." The older he gets, the more sentimental and emotional Jerry get ... More >>
Not that my mood was helped any by yesterday's news that NFL lockout mediation would adjourn until perhaps May 16, but yes, thanks for asking, I am already ready for some football. Caught some Jason Garrett on NFL Network this morning (a replay from earlier in the week). The Cowboys' coa ... More >>
It's like knowing what you're getting for Christmas. Being able to shake the gift-wrapped present for confirmation. But then having to wait for what feels like forever to actually open it. It's the NFL schedule, this year the ultimate tease. With the lockout mired in mediation and the NFL Dra ... More >>
While in the midst of a lockout, the NFL owners and players these days can't even agree on what they disagree on. What to do for a football junkie? I know, let's have a March Madness-style tournament, the winner of which gets as his prize: The cover of the Madden 2012 video game. Wait, what? ... More >>
This whole "Super Bowl" thing has been pretty unavoidable this year -- and, for obvious reasons, infinitely more so in these parts than in years past. Then again, with media all over the place, thousands of out-of-town-guests, and an alleged 100,000 hookers (or not) converging in the metroplex ... More >>
Super Bowl XLV's Media Center Radio Row over at the Sheraton was starting to die down last night when in walked a familiar face. And, I admit, an even more familiar caboose. Ines Sainz is the award-winning reporter for Mexico City's TV Azteca. You remember her from the flap with the ... More >>
10. Some of us said all week that with the way the Jets celebrated wildly in New England, it was if they'd already won their Super Bowl. Proved astute right out of the gate as the Steelers set the tone with a 15-play, 66-yard touchdown drive to open the game. The Jets weren't emoti ... More >>
Please. No. Can't take it.Some of us -- guilty -- figured that this weekend your Dallas Cowboys would be hosting the NFC Championship Game, just one step from staying in town and becoming the first team in NFL history to play in a Super Bowl in its own stadium. Those plans, to say the leas ... More >>
After a wildly entertaining weekend of the NFL playoffs, the following will not be playing in Arlington on February 6: *Michael Vick *Peyton Manning *Who Dat?! *The Dallas-born Kansas City Chiefs Despite intriguing story lines being buried, that was some damn skippy football. Three wins by ro ... More >>
How about a nice round of applause for Sam Merten? Nice job, Sam. Splendid actually. Thank you. And with that ... we now return to your regularly scheduled Sportatorium. 10. A year ago the Cowboys finished the regular season with a win over the Eagles. This year the Cowboys finished the regu ... More >>
Whether you're at the end of your rope or merely the end of your week, welcome to Whitt's End: *Tony Romo took girlfriend Candice Crawford to the top of Reunion Tower last night to celebrate her 24th birthday. And then, yep, he popped the question. Very cliched and Dallasy of him, but cool. ... More >>
There are a lot of things you can rely on the Wall Street Journal for, world news, stock market reports, political news and any kind of news with a liberal bend your little bleeding heart could desire. But, one thing they may want to stay away from is studying dance moves.
Looks like about 3.5 times more of you - 885,000 homes to 250,000 homes - watched the Dallas Cowboys over the Texas Rangers on Sunday, so let's not shun football today. Though Leonard Davis is admitting he sucks and Martellus Bennett is hurt and the Cowboys are 1-3 and old kicker Nick Folk i ... More >>
Super Bowl XLV preview?Good news: Your Dallas Cowboys will play in Super Bowl XLV right here in our back yard, Feb. 6, 2011 in Arlington. Bad news: They'll lose to the New York Jets and - giggle - quarterback Mark Sanchez. So sayeth The Sporting News in its 2010 Pro Football Yearbook, whic ... More >>
10. I'm not ready to pronounce it Doomsday III just yet, but that's some impressive defense being played by your Dallas Cowboys. The team's first shutout in six years on the heels of holding the San Diego Chargers and New Orleans Saints to a combined 37 points? Two games against the Washingt ... More >>
Seems strange timing to bemoan the Dallas Cowboys' receiving corps in the wake of Miles Austin's record-setting day, but let's face it - the trade for Roy Williams a year ago has been a gigantic flop. My first reaction to news that the Cowboys had acquired Williams and a 7th-r ... More >>
Goods things here are worth waiting for
Can has-beens from a coach's glory years change the cowboys from mediocrites to monsters?
The second verse sounds the same as the first for Parcells' Cowboys
Want a sure thing? Read Schutze's columns.
Bill Parcells is looking for a few good men. Good luck.
Robert Altman wants your attention, if not your affection
Like other past Olympic stars, local gold medal winners often have trouble keeping track of them
Were yesterday's heroes better than today's?
Find everything you're looking for in your city
Find the best happy hour deals in your city
Get today's exclusive deals at savings of anywhere from 50-90%
Check out the hottest list of places and things to do around your city