10 Other Foods That Should Be Foot Long (or Larger)
No, not one of our clever photoshops.
Carl's Jr., in its infinite wisdom, has developed a foot-long cheeseburger. Like Burger King's BK Shots, this is another burger innovation beyond the limits of imagination. Clearly, human minds will be puzzling over this long-food-meat and bun invention for some time. While scientists dabble in supernatural wonder, we'd like to propose 10 other foods that should be made foot long. Whether it results in deliciousness, the joy of hyper-quantity or an incredible sound made when masticated (Pop Rocks) -- these are foods that should be ExtenZed.
1. McDonald's McRib - The slogan for McRib should be: "The More the Better."
Box quantity: 1 Combo pretzel
2. Combos - Like a Chipotle burrito, except tougher on the outside.
3. Mozzarella Sticks - At a foot long (or larger), this would make good sandwich slices.
Imagine finding a footlong THIS in your foot-long nuggets.
4. Chicken Nuggets - Saddle up with your friends to the horse trough of foot-long nugs.
A Pop Rocks employee gains inspiration.
5. Pop Rocks - The sizzle on your tongue would be louder than a waterfall.
6. Frosted Mini-Wheat - It might take a mighty spoon, or an axe, and a full gallon of milk, but this cereal would be way better on a larger scale.
We placed our iPhone to show scale.
7. Cadbury's Cream Egg - This might weigh the basket down come Easter time, but it's every kids dream (for one bite, then you're sick).
8. Rocky Mountain Oyster - Buffalo balls are already large, might as well serve 'em au naturale.
9. Sausage Biscuit - Imagine: pulling out of McDonalds with a breakfast sandwich that never ends. Except after a foot.
10. Peanut - Farmers are already growing massive pumpkins and water melons, but who wouldn't want a football-sized peanut?
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.