An era ends today as Megan Henderson waves goodbye to Fox 4's Good Day--and to Dallas.
The California native joined the popular morning show in August of 2003, after stints in Wichita Falls (of all places) and Salt Lake City. As the perfect foil for stolid veteran Tim Ryan, she helped turn Good Day into one of the city's top morning news programs--often the number one show.
Henderson also appears on those random "hottest" TV personality lists, but celebrity never seemed to affect her demeanor. She remains a kind and sincere person, both on and off camera.
Except that before she leaves town, she has a secret to spill about her co-anchor...
1. With your hours, dinner comes at lunchtime. So what's your favorite lunch spot in Dallas?
I like Eatzi's when I'm on the run, La Duni when I want to splurge--can't say enough about quatros leches--and Al Biernat's when I want to celebrate.
2. Do you ever get to go for dinner at a normal time?
Rarely on a school night.
3. Some of us have never driven the streets of Dallas at 2:30 a.m. while, shall we say, unimpaired. What's it like?
Let's just say if I stop at a red light and the driver next to me looks too scary or over-impaired--which happens quite often--I'll usually risk the traffic ticket and just keep on going.
4. So that was you who ran the red? All that food from Good Day's cooking segments--do you get to eat it?
Heck yeah. The crew is usually lined up even before the end of the show. We're vultures, I tell ya.
5. Is Tim really a curmudgeon?
Tim is honestly one of the kindest, gentlest people I know. Don't tell him I told you that, though. I don't want to ruin his reputation.
6. What do you think you'll miss about Dallas?
The people I love.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
7. Cal-Mex or Tex-Mex?
Tex-Mex, hands down.
8. What really goes on during commercial breaks?
Four hours is a long time, so it varies. We start by re-writing scripts. Maybe grab a bite to eat, visit the little girl's room. And every so often, there's time for Tim to give me a mini therapy session. He's very wise. And cheap.
9. People comment on your hair, clothes, everything. Is it difficult being a local celebrity?
No, not at all. It's really a blessing.
10. Ever kick back with a bag of Doritos when you get home?
You know, I always keep a bottle of whipped cream in the fridge for sweet tooth emergencies. Just a couple of squirts straight up--right from the can--and I'm good to go.