The problem with writing this story is that I'm actually, and colossally, hungover, and blogging about cures instead of implementing them is a strange sort of torture I'm not sure I've ever endured. One thing's for sure: As soon as I hit the publish button I'm going to go get some grease.
You know the feeling. Too many So-Co limes last night? Maybe you gave up Budweiser in favor of some boozy Belgian brews for an evening and ended up tanked. Whether ushered in by a bachelor party, office event, poker game or your own lack of self-restraint, being hungover is terrible. The throbbing temples. The nausea. Your palate lacquered over with cigarettes and whiskey residuals.
These are City of Ate's five favorite remedies, including our recent Best of Dallas winners for Best Hangover Cure. Grab yourself a Bloody Mary and get to work. Get more of Dallas' best with our Best Of app, available for the Droid and the iPhone.
5. Victor Tango's Chicken and Waffles (pictured above) Who orders waffles plain when they're hungover? I'll take mine topped with fried chicken and a pint or two of sausage gravy. VT's dish may be small, but the restaurant has a full bar. Supplement with hair from the dog as necessary.
4. Trinity Hall's English Breakfast If grease is your preferred hangover cure, then Trinity Hall pulls out all the stops. Fried eggs, bangers and bacon are just the start. Black and white pudding and a bowl of baked beans are ready to right your aches and pains, too. Buttered toast will soak up that vomit taste in your mouth and leave you in a cholesterol-laden, pleasant haze. You might even be ready for a shot of Jameson after.
3. Korea House's Spicy Fish Soup I realize this one may seem like a stretch, but hear me out. Half the reason you feel like shit is dehydration. Sipping on a warm pot of broth can't hurt. But this isn't just any broth. Korea House's fish soup is spicy. It's mean. It will kick your hangover's ass. Drink some soju if you want to be twice as hungover tomorrow.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
2. Quesa-D-Ya's Quesadilla. This is for extra-strength hangovers. I'm talking can't-get-out-of-bed-and-you've-already-booted-twice-this-afternoon hungover. When you can't walk down the street, delivery is clutch and Quesa-D-Ya's fared well in out How 'Bout Them Knockers competition. The best part is you can build your own tortilla-wrapped hangover cure. I'd go with andouille sausage, corn salsa and a shit-ton of cheese.
1. All Good Cafe's Migas Scrambled eggs with diced, grilled veggies. Mix it up all up, pile it high in a provided flour tortilla, top it off with some green salsa and it's tangy and sweet -- but not too powerful to overwhelm your cup of hot coffee. Just make sure a band's not playing on the cafe's small stage. Your head will thank you later.