In some sort of reverse Manifest Destiny, In-N-Out is finally making its way to Texas. The City of Garland's website, and Nancy Nichols at D who broke the story, showed seven yea votes for the building of the west coast burger chain.
There's a lot of hype about In 'N Out that's true. It's a simple, cheap menu with freshly made food (they cut those fries as you order 'em, I've SEEN it.) The best reason to go, however, is that--hush, hush--secret menu. On In-N-Out's website, you can view the "Not So Secret" menu that you won't see posted at the drive-in, but from which you can order nevertheless, once you get there. So for those 2 a.m. screw Taco Bell moments you'll have once that glorious In 'N Out shoots up over in Garland, here's a list of the things you MUST try from their off-the-menu secret menu.
1. Animal-Style Fries - The non-menu fry order: melted cheese, secret sauce and carmelized onions on top of the crispy fries. Bring a fork and a arterial stint.
2. Double-Double Protein style - Screw the bun. Wrap that double-double in lettuce (cut about 400 calories too) and get all meat and cheese taste. Burger purists may cringe, but it's shocking I say, shocking how much better the burger tastes sans bun.
3. 4x4 - Like the way the double-double tastes? Well, why not double it again. That's right, four patties, four slices of cheese.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. Grilled Cheese - They take that American cheese and throw it between bread...well, you know what it is.
5. Fries "Extra-Well" - You know those Extra Crispies at Long John Silvers? This is kind of like that except with fries, and you know, good.