Hypnotic Wants You to Dash for Their Doughnuts, Then Wash Them Down with DEBC's New Coffee Ale
We hope you've been training for the second annual Hypnotic Donut Dash 5K, particularly the Chubby Bunny doughnut-hole eating contest. And the beer. We're not "hopeful" there, we have faith. We "know." It's the sixth sense we subsist on, actually.
Below are the pertinent details, broken out in doughnut-hole points. You're welcome. (See. Sixth sense.)
• The 5K (just a tad over 3 miles) is inside the Centennial Building at Fair Park, this Saturday, January 25 at 8:30 a.m.
• There are seven, five or three opportunities to eat doughnuts along the route, depending on what you read. Let's just say there are a "hole bunch" of eating opportunities.
• There's also free beer, courtesy of Deep Ellum Brewing Co. and it's their brand new, completely amazing Oak Cliff Coffee Ale!
• Vendors at the afterparty (about 30) include Oak Cliff Coffee Roasters, Torchy's Tacos, Goodfriends and Pecan Lodge. Yes, Pecan Lodge. This just got serious, right?
• The Chubby Bunny Contest starts at 9:30.
• If you're all business about the 5K, there's chip timing and special doughnut awards for the top male and female winners for each age group, broken up in five-year increments.
• The event costs $30 in advance, $35 day of, $20 for kids, $15 if you just want to attend the party but not run. Packet pickup is at Sports Authority at Caruth Plaza or in West Plano on Preston Road.
• Shotgun Friday is providing tunes for the afterparty.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.