Lisa Garza's Top 10 Kitchen Gadget Purchases of 2008
People may poke fun at her striking bob, but none disparage Lisa Garza's skill in the kitchen. This year the sometime singer and sort of restaurateur gained fame nationally as a contestant on The Next Food Network Star and locally through tons of media buzz.
Whether she makes it big time or--dare we risk jinxing her with the 'flash in the pan' line?--doesn't matter. She's one hell of a cook. Her favorite gadgets from a whirlwind year:
1. Riedel Amadeo Lyra decanter (Pogos, $350)
2. Mother of pearl caviar dish with sterling silver trim and matching spoons (Pogos, $86 for dish with spoon; $65 for set of two spoons)
3. Chef' N salad dressing emulsifier (Williams Sonoma, $14.95)
4. Microplane zester grater (Sur la Table, $13)
5. Kuhn-Rikon corn zipper (Williams Sonoma, $12.95)
6. OXO cherry pitter (Sur la Table, $12.95)
7. Formaticum cheese papers (Sur la Table, $10)
8. Potato ricer (Target, $9.99)
9. Danesco vegetable scrubbing gloves (Target, $9.99)
10. French Tin egg poacher (Sur la Table, $6.95)
--City of Ate staff (with thanks to Lisa Garza)
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.