Our Top 5 Broke-Ass Tuesday Dinners
So you've probably spent your whole paycheck on gifts for the kids and now you're looking for ways to save some cash. Rather than going on the McDonald's dollar menu diet, check out our list of the best Tuesday food specials.
5. It's not often you get rewarded for social networking, but today La Duni (multiple locations) is thanking their Twitter followers by offering half-priced carne asada from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sometimes the best deals come in 140 characters or less.
4. If you're craving Tex-Mex fare, head to Monica's Aca y Alla (2914 Main St.) because select entrees are half-priced tonight. Save some money on your enchiladas or tacos, and maybe you'll have a little cash left over for a margarita. Hell, you deserve a drink after that trip to Toys R Us .
More after the jump...
3. There once was a day when $4 could get you a decent meal, but now you can't even buy a pack of smokes for that price. At Lee Harvey's (1807 Gould St.) tonight, enjoy a burger and fries for just $4. That's cheaper than a rubbery puck from a fast-food joint. The special ends at 10 p.m., but stay late because happy hour continues until 2 a.m.
2. Although today's the first day of winter and you're probably wearing shorts, enjoy some of your favorite winter dishes tonight for half-price at The Libertine (2101 Greenville Ave.). Six-dollar braised short ribs and $5 shepherd's pie will make you feel like it's winter even if your attire says summer.
1. Cheap sushi usually makes us cringe. It often appears on happy hour menus and in all-you-can-eat buffets, and it's rarely fresh or tasty. There's one sushi deal that won't have you making a late-night run to the pharmacy. Oishii (2525 Wycliff Ave.) serves up sushi for just a dollar per order on Tuesday nights, and the sushi is fresh and delicious. Take that, McDonald's dollar menu.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.