We hear you, DFW. No more screaming, "WHAT'S HAPPENING? AND IF THERE IS ANYTHING HAPPENING, ARE THERE CHILDRENS' TICKETS?" into the void.
Starting this week, and every week forever after, we present you with a down-and-dirty schedule of food and drink-related events. You can always find more events at dallasobserver.com/calendar.
East Hampton Sandwich Company's Two-Year Anniversary Historically speaking, cotton has been the gift of choice for two-year anniversaries. East Hampton Sandwhich Company has decided to abandon tradition in favor of something that people actually want: cheap sustenance, washed down by equally wallet-friendly libations. To celebrate two years of bidness, for two days only East Hampton will be selling $2 mini lobster rolls and $1 Bloody Marys, sangria and mimosas.
- What it be: East Hampton Sandwich Company's Two-Year Anniversary
- Where it do: 6912 Snider Plaza, Dallas, Texas 75205
- When dat is: Friday, Sept. 12 and Saturday, Sept. 13 from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily
Dallas Chocolate Festival How can you tell if you're in a room full of chocolate artisans? No one wants to shake your hand. Find out if that's really true (it's not) on Saturday, when local and national chocolate artisans will be out in full force at the Dallas Chocolate Festival. There will, of course, be lots of chocolate-consumption going on, but you can also participate in classes or listen to demonstrations. Madame Cocoa will even be there as mistress of ceremonies. Tickets are $25 - $65.
- What it be: Dallas Chocolate Festival
- When it do: Saturday, Sept. 13, 2014 9 a.m.
- Where dat is: Addison Conference Centre - 15650 Addison Rd. Addison, Texas 75001
BrewFest 2014 Not that we're biased, or anything, but if you're going to go to one festival this week it should be BrewFest 2014. There will be over 300 beers, of which you get to try 12 - 2 ounce samples for $45 ($55 day-of.) If that leaves you feeling sad about the other 288 beers then just remember that additional sampling cards will be available for purchase. Guests must be 21 or older with a valid I.D.
- What it be: BrewFest 2014
- When it do: Saturday, Sept. 13 from 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Where dat is: Dallas Farmers Market - 1010 S. Pearl Expressway Dallas, Texas 75201
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
5th Annual Okrapalooza Let me guess: you don't like okra. Yeah, neither does anyone else. But somehow this benefit cook-off has made it to year five. Oh wait, we know how. Because it's got free music, free local beer, and it's got people that know their way around this much-maligned vegetable, all vying for "Okrapalooza Champion of the World." All the money raised from Okrapalooza go to the Promise of Peace Community Garden, so put your qualms aside: it's slime-time. Tickets cost $35.
- What it be: 5th Annual Okrapalooza
- When it do: Sunday, Sept. 14 from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Where dat is: The Lot - 7530 E. Grand Ave. Dallas, Texas