Victoria's Mexican Grill is in the Works in Oak Cliff
A new restaurant, Victoria's Mexican Grill, will be opening soon in two-story house at 607 Willomet Ave., just down from Norma's Café. The house is undergoing a remodel right now, including new doors and windows. Wrap-around patios both upstairs and downstairs look like they have a lot of potential, and I'm anxious to see the final product.
I tried calling to get the scoop, but can't get in touch with them. Here's what we know based on the exterior of their building and Facebook:
• They're hiring, which is usually an indication a place is weeks from opening.
• They'll be serving piña coladas out of real hollowed-out pineapples.
• Carlos wants you guys to call him for the water and sewer permits.
• They have a fax number, which is good to see faxes are still appreciated by people other than myself. They were a game changer, people. Lest we forget ...
• Victoria's expects to serve the best Tex-Mex in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex.
• They don't take personal checks, but they do take all major credit cards.
I love a good investigation. As soon as they open I hope to investigate their enchiladas and piña coladas, hopefully at a table on one of those large wrap-around patios.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Dallas dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.