A new restaurant, Victoria's Mexican Grill, will be opening soon in two-story house at 607 Willomet Ave., just down from Norma's Café. The house is undergoing a remodel right now, including new doors and windows. Wrap-around patios both upstairs and downstairs look like they have a lot of potential, and I'm anxious to see the final product.
I tried calling to get the scoop, but can't get in touch with them. Here's what we know based on the exterior of their building and Facebook:
• They're hiring, which is usually an indication a place is weeks from opening.
• They'll be serving piña coladas out of real hollowed-out pineapples.
• Carlos wants you guys to call him for the water and sewer permits.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
• They have a fax number, which is good to see faxes are still appreciated by people other than myself. They were a game changer, people. Lest we forget ...
• Victoria's expects to serve the best Tex-Mex in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex.
• They don't take personal checks, but they do take all major credit cards.
I love a good investigation. As soon as they open I hope to investigate their enchiladas and piña coladas, hopefully at a table on one of those large wrap-around patios.