You noticed. Something about last week felt different. That's cause it's fall, you dummy. Here are 25 signs of the new season.
25. Triple digit weather grows scarce or non-existent on the 10-day forecast. Who knew highs of 90 could sound so good?
24. You don't have to strip off that jacket you wear indoors because of the A/C overcompensation the minute you step outside.
23. Non-coffee drinkers rotate into your work coffee run, because Pumpkin Spice.
22. Lakewood Brewing Company's Punkel.
21. Big Tex's face is on every lamp post in town.
20. You're late to work because you forgot about school zones.
19. SMU basic girls instagraming in the Arboretum pumpkin patch, throwing fluffs of still-green foliage in the air.
18. That dead tree in your backyard the drought killed is one day closer to looking in season.
17. Women break out their pink Cowboys jerseys.
16.That one friend mentions an event called "Disturbathon." Rumors include disemboweled animals, nudity, and strobe lights. You wrinkle your nose and nod politely.
15. Your roommate starts hiding his weed in the pumpkin you carved with your girlfriend. 14. All of the athletes who couldn't handle the summer heat have awoken from their exercise slumber, are invading Katy Trail and White Rock Lake in overpriced jogging outfits.
13. The delightful scent of burning paraffin and old newspapers fills the air as homeowners fire up some Duraflame logs in their fireplaces on nippy 75-degree evenings.
12. Patio dining actually makes sense again.
11. Going to Six Flags doesn't sound like such a bad idea anymore, because Fright Fest. Wait, no.... it still sounds pretty awful. Because Arlington.
10. Every single suburb hosts their own version of Oktoberfest.
9. People start instinctively donning flannel and boots, despite the balmy 80-degree weather.
8. The gourmet popsicle/ice cream/ice business you formed in Dallas a few months ago is suddenly experiencing a huge drop-off in sales.
7. There's a noted lack of white clothing in Highland Park Village.
6. People keep talking about the "smell of fall." All you smell is gasoline.
5. You think about taking a walk through the streets of downtown Dallas. Then, you remember that time a driver almost hit you in a pedestrian crosswalk.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. Tanning shops at NorthPark break out their seasonal spray-on color: pumpkin latte.
3. Hobby Lobby skipped Halloween and pulled out an abundance of Santa Claus. Because, religion.
2. Facebook tells you that your friends other cities are doing things like apple picking or jumping into piles of leaves.
1. The Cowboys have done just well enough to delude us into having a sense of optimism, despite more than a decade of living through Novembers.