Fixer Upper aired its last episode Tuesday night on HGTV, and everyone was sad. People love TV shows about couples renovating homes together, and when they are denied the privilege of watching them, they become really sad.
But there is no need to be sad. Chip and Joanna Gaines, the adorably Christian couple behind the megapopular show, are only two hours away. Plus, they still have approximately 3,764 businesses and business partnerships to worry about (store, restaurant, books, Target line, Pier One line, cupcakes, gardens, goats, kids).
But who knows if all those business will earn them enough money to take care of their
four (one on the way!) five children. We have some suggestions on the things the Gaineses should invest in.
- Chip and Joanna make a silo-shaped cereal.
- Chip and Joanna make a porno: Chip's Lap.
- Chip and Joanna make a lube that boosts fertility.
- Chip and Joanna make a new Baptist church, which may or may not allow gay people.
- Chip and Joanna fix up the charred ruins of the Branch Davidian cult compound and discover a succulent mini-wreath.
- Chip and Joanna fix up the entrance to David Koresh's bedroom, and it's so now.
Keep the Dallas Observer Free... Since we started the Dallas Observer, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Dallas, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Dallas with no paywalls.