Within a few steps in Dallas, you'll be barraged with the abrasive orange, green or yellow of ride-share bikes. They're everywhere. They're an eyesore, and we're looking for ways to have fewer of them.
It's not unlike how Dallas once felt about streetwalkers. (We still do, presumably, but there aren't that many of them, what with the internet.) With that in mind, we've created a completely factual quiz to see if you can tell the difference. Gather the family around and guess if each statement refers to a Dallas ride-share bike or a prostitute:
- Once you learn how to ride one, you never forget.
- There are way too many outside bars at night.
- You worry whether the last client left any diseases.
- When you were 10, your dad taught you how to use one.
- Parts of one have been found scattered across downtown.
- A bell doesn’t come standard, but you can attach one if that’s what you need.
- It’s illegal to hit one with your car and drive off.
- Riding one in the middle of the street is a safety hazard.
- Bringing one as your date to a high school reunion isn’t impressing anyone.
- It smells like someone peed on it.
- You paid for two hours but only rode for 15 minutes.
- Wearing a helmet might not feel good, but you’ll be glad you did.
- When you were 17, you saved up money for one because you just wanted to get it over with, but you chickened out and watched an X-Files marathon instead.
- Does not accept checks as payment.