The second season of Louis C.K.'s latest half-hour comedy, Louie, starts up at 9:30 Central tonight on FX. If it's anything like his stand-up, his first show (Lucky Louis on HBO), or the first season of Louie, it will be a wonderfully and purposefully disjointed driving tour of C.K.'s head space, a dark, weird place I love to visit but am damn happy I don't live.
To gear yourself up -- or, if you're unfamiliar with his work, to gauge your interest -- I hastily pulled together five of my favorite bits from his career. Hat tip to YouTube for existing.
5. "There Should Really Be a Couple of Laws" Louis on naming kids.
4. "Thank God For That Shit" Louis on the magic of being white.
3. "Can't I Just Be Stupid?" Louis on women. Specifically, the wife kind.
2. "I Gotta Get To Work" Louis on the fine art of marital masturbation.
1. "Everything is Amazing and Nobody's Happy" Louis on what a bunch of ungrateful pricks we are.
Keep the Dallas Observer Free... Since we started the Dallas Observer, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Dallas, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Dallas with no paywalls.