With Game Four of the NBA Finals gearing up for tip off at 8 p.m., the Dallas Mavericks have a chance to tie the series 2-2.
We know that Our Dallas Mavericks are the team of comebacks and have the ability to keep us on the edge of our seats from the first quarter to the fourth quarter. Show the Mavs that we fans believe. Always have and always will.
We offer the top five things you can do to prove that you're an MFFL, after the jumpshot...
5. "The Time is Now" T-shirt Dallas-Fort Worth area Krogers are providing fans the chance to receive this T-shirt with the purchase of any four Frito Lay Products. Lucky for you, the products are on sale and the most money you will spend is $10 -- beats going down to American Airlines Center and dropping $20.
4. Mavericks Car Magnets NAPA Auto Parts is giving away free car magnets with no purchase necessary. Yes, you read this right, it's for free! Just swing by your nearest store location and slap it on the back of your trunk.
3. Finals Locker Room Hat and Tee 103.3 ESPN is at the Mavs Ultimate Fan Shop, located at NorthPark Center, administering giveaways for official locker room gear. Ben and Skin are there and will talk with fans about what it's going to take to win this series and bring home a championship.
2. Mavs Blue Yard Signs Academy Sports and Outdoors is offering free yard signs for those who purchase any other Mavericks merchandise. Show off your pride by bearing the sign in your front lawn for all your neighbors to see.
1. Beat the Shit Out of the Heat Car By far the most thrilling and literal way to show your support is in thanks to Tommy Vieth. Vieth purchased a car off Craigslist for $400, painted it Miami Heat colors and parked it in Victory Park so fans could take a hammer and vent out their anger. A $5 donation to the Dallas Mavericks Foundation is required, but you get to beat the shit out of the Heat -- sounds like a steal.
Keep the Dallas Observer Free... Since we started the Dallas Observer, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Dallas, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Dallas with no paywalls.