Fourth of July is one of the most stress-free holidays. You don't have to worry about buying anyone gifts, prep and cook a smorgasbord of food or break out your fancy clothes.
While it's a bummer that fireworks are illegal to set off in your backyard, the Dallas-Fort Worth area is covered with events to celebrate America's independence in style.
We've come up with our picks for the best fireworks displays in North Texas, which was no easy task because there are so many options. Please feel free to add your picks for best fireworks shows in the comments, and see our list after the jump.
5. Star Spangled Spectacular at Meyerson Symphony Center is a perfect slice of Americana with ice cream, a classic sing-along and an 11-foot tall Uncle Sam. However, the most impressive offering is the indoor firework extravaganza. How often can you enjoy fireworks in an air-conditioned building? Tickets range from $16 to $38. Call 214-670-3600 or visit dallasculture.org/meyersonSymphonyCenter for tickets and more information.
4. Lone Stars & Stripes Celebration at Lone Star Park is a two-day event with thoroughbred horse races, petting zoos, face painters and a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado giveaway. Don't miss out on the 20-minute choreographed fireworks display on July 3 and 4. Tickets range from $8 to $30. Call 972-263-PONY or visit lonestarpark.com for tickets and more information.
3. Red, White and Boom! is a free, all-day Fourth celebration that features a car show, parade and music. The festivities start at 10 a.m.in Historic Downtown McKinney, and the fireworks show begins at 9:45 p.m at Craig Ranch. Visit mckinneytexas.org for more information and the complete schedule of events.
2. Fair Park Fourth at Fair Park is one of the biggest fireworks show in North Texas. Enjoy pedal boat rides, water shows, musical performances and fireworks that can only be defined as epic. Oh, did we mention the fireworks show is free? Plus, there's also free and discounted admission to the museums at Fair Park. Visit fairpark.org for more information.
1. Kaboom Town! at Addison Circle Park has always been the must-see firework spectacular in this neck of the woods. Brace yourself for a mind-blowing experience with air shows, musical acts and a 30-minute fireworks show. Could this be anymore epic? Yes, if everything was free. Oh wait, it is. Visit addisontexas.net for more information.