Forget Ladies Who Lunch, the Texas Theatre is where it's going down hardcore Spock-style tonight. Geeks Who Drink, a national pub trivia phenomenon, is back in Dallas and going down in Oak Cliff at 8:00 p.m. Gather up your 1337357 homies and compete for prizes. Those affecting the most pwnage, go home without paying their tab.
Need some practice? Set up a quick escape key - aka the ol' porn panic button - and get in a practice round during these last few moments at work. Sample questions courtesy of geekswhodrink.com.
Per Geeks Who Drink:
Theme: The Answer's In The Lyrics
1. Elton John's tiny dancer was a blue jean baby and an LA Lady. What was her job for the band?
2. In Right Said Fred's lyrical masterpiece "I'm Too Sexy," which of the following is Fred NOT too sexy for? A. His shirt, B. New York, C. Your party, or D. His pants.
3. Chuck D of Public Enemy "got a letter from the government the other day. He opened and read it, it said they were" WHAT?
4. Madonna wrote the song "Vogue" cause she knows "a place where you can get away," that is if you "long to be something better than you are today?" Where or what is that place?
5. A cowboy puts a notch in his gun. Where does Pat Benatar put hers in "Hit Me With Your Best Shot?"
6. What's the first question posed in the lyrical masterpiece that is "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath?
7. According to Naughty By Nature, what is rule #1 in this OPP establishment?
8. "Champagne Supernova" ends with three questions: How many special people change? How many lives are living strange? And ....Where were you while we were....?
Bonus: Jewel "never leaves WHAT on the floor anymore" because "dreams last so long, even after you're gone."
Don't forget: Texas Theatre, 8:00 tonight. Leave us your best suggestions for team names in the comments below.