A pop superstar, a six-time Grammy nominee for this year's ceremony and a legendary metal outfit are heading this way. All that and more in this week's edition of new concert announcements.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Pop megastar Ariana Grande is bringing her worldwide Sweetener tour to American Airlines Center for a May 21 performance. As Grande has taken off to extraordinary heights in the past two years, this show will likely be one of the upcoming year's most anticipated events. Tickets are on sale Dec. 14 at ticketmaster.com.
- Long Beach rapper Vince Staples is heading out on the road for his Smile, You're On Camera tour. The 37-city tour in support of his recently released, FM! album will bring him to the House of Blues in Dallas on Feb. 6. Tickets are on sale Dec. 14 at livenation.com.
- Yet another round of farewell performances have been scheduled for metal icons Slayer. Sixteen more dates have been added as the band continues to make it pretty easy for longtime fans to catch them live again before they hang it up. They'll play The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory on May 8. Tickets are on sale Dec. 14 at livenation.com.
- Singer-songwriter Brandi Carlile just last week earned six Grammy nominations, including the prestigious Song, Album and Record of the Year categories. The past year has been a banner one for Carlile as her most recent album By The Way, I Forgive You has landed on many best-of, year-end charts. Catch her at The Bomb Factory on April 12. Tickets are on sale Dec. 14 at ticketfly.com.
Hozier, of "Take Me to Church" fame, has planned an ambitious 26-date North American tour that will keep him out on the road for a good chunk of the upcoming months ahead. He'll release a new album, Wasteland, Baby! and will appear at South Side Ballroom on March 29. Tickets are on sale Dec. 14 at livenation.com.
Jukebox The Ghost and The Mowglis are teaming up for a North American tour that will bring them to The Granada Theater on March 1. The indie pop bands are both touring behind new albums and should bring a bevy of infectious energy to the performances. Tickets are on sale Dec. 14 at prekindle.com.
Vandoliers will celebrate the release of their new album, Forever, with a show at The Granada Theater on Feb. 22. The beloved local outfit will bring along Brice Bangs and Ottoman Turks for an evening of music that will surely be exciting and memorable. Tickets are on sale Dec. 14 at prekindle.com.
Jonathan Tyler and Nikki Lane will again headline The Granada Theater's 11th annual New Year's Eve Bash in two weeks on Dec. 31. Joining them will be the aforementioned Vandoliers and Ottoman Turks. Tickets for the festivities are on sale now at prekindle.com.
- Folk troubadour Todd Snider is heading back out on the road for a tour in support of his upcoming new release, Cash Cabin Sessions, Vol. 3. It's a return to a more intimate, confessional and stripped-down sound for the immensely popular singer-songwriter. He'll play The Kessler Theater on May 18. Tickets are on sale Dec. 14 at prekindle.com.
- Country megastar Brett Eldredge is heading back out on the road for a North American tour in early 2019. Locally, he'll entertain his loyal following with stories and songs at The Bomb Factory on a Feb. 22 performance. Tickets are on sale Dec. 14 at ticketfly.com.
- The experimental and subversive leanings of experimental rock collective The Sound of Animals Fighting will take over The Bomb Factory for an unforgettable night of soundscapes on March 1. For a unique and one-of-a-kind performance spectacle, this concert will be worth exploring. Tickets are on sale Dec. 14 at ticketfly.com.
- Alt-rockers Papa Roach are hitting the road this summer for an ambitious tour behind the release of their upcoming album, Who Do You Trust? Joining them will be Asking Alexandria and Bad Wolves. The tour will visit South Side Ballroom on July 27. Tickets are on sale Dec. 14 at livenation.com.
- '80s pop-rock balladeer Christopher Cross is coming to town. The "Sailing" singer is out on tour behind his latest album, Take Me As I Am, a jazzy and rollicking collection of tunes in the vein of Joni Mitchell or Randy Newman. Tickets for his April 10 performance at The Majestic Theatre are on sale now at ticketmaster.com.