After an exhaustive search of public records and historical documents at the Library of Congress (read: drunken Google search), we are ready to honor President's Day with a comprehensive list of the foods enjoyed by our fearless leaders of the past. Throughout this process one question continued to nag:
Who the shit was Chester Alan Arthur?
Happy President's Day, Aters.
1.George Washington reportedly enjoyed fish and ice cream. We're not sure if that meant together or in succession, but man he would have eaten the shit out of some Phish Food. Dude was a hemp farmer, amiright? Munch on, Wash.
16. Abraham Lincoln, our tall-hatted friend to the people, liked a hot plate of Chicken Fricassee and Herbed Biscuits. What a snooty bastard. Eh well, his beard was excellent.
21. Chester Alan Arthur: Mutton Chop with a nice, tall glass of ale. What a stud.
22. Grover Cleveland: Corned Beef and Cabbage.
23. Benjamin Harrison: Blue-Point Oysters. We approve of this.
24. Grover Cleveland: Waaaaait a second! That guy got re-elected? Mutton chop guy?
25. William McKinley: Eggs. Wow. What a riveting human.
37. Richard Nixon: Meatloaf. We would do anything for dinner, Dick, but we won't do that.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!