Art With a Heart

If you think art gallery exhibitions are snooty affairs, challenge your preconceptions this weekend. The Stewpot Art Program presents its annual exhibition, Food for the Soul, which features the work of homeless Dallas artists. In its opening reception from 1-4 p.m. Sunday, you can see the work and visit with the artists. And what is perhaps the best part of this exhibition is that 90% of the proceeds goes to the artists (the other 10% goes to the Stewpot Art Program). See the work at the Downtown Dallas Public Library's Bradshaw Gallery (1515 Young St. 4Th Floor). More information at thestewpot.org.
Sun., Dec. 7, 1-4 p.m., 2014