Excellent steaks, good sides, moderate prices, cool hunting-lodge environs--this place is well worth the 20-minute drive from downtown Dallas on Interstate 30. Just a stone's throw from the eastern shore of Lake Ray Hubbard, Culpepper has successfully transformed itself--with massive renovations--from schlocky Western-themed steak joint to white-tablecloth fine dining establishment. They serve "Premium Gold Angus" steaks, grilled with mesquite and served with a choice of toppings, such as a tasty sauce of caramelized shallots, herbs and Dijon compound butter.
- Price: $$$
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 5-9 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 5-9:30 p.m.
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Lot available, Valet
- Extra Services: Catering, Private-group dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Curbside pickup