Mark Ludwig and his family have owned and operated El Norte for more than a decade, offering handmade tortillas and fresh chile con queso. The traditional brisket tacos are a hit with practically everyone who samples them. Some of the menu items have been nationally recognized, including the Queso El Head Honcho, featured in Southern Living magazine. It's composed of white queso, spicy ground beef, pico de gallo and cilantro. The combination platters and enchiladas are tops here -- among them, the mole and green chicken enchiladas. The kitchen also offers New Mexican dishes like pork adovada, a stew of pork and red chilies. For those in need of a quick midday boost, there are hearty lunch specials aplenty.
- Price: $, $$
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: Lot available
- Extra Services: Catering, Private-group dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Use restaurant website to order/pay
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Grubhub
- Order/delivery via Other
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats