Because the restaurant world was out of gimmicks, now there are restaurants based on the paleo diet. The latest is HG Sply Co., which capitalizes on another trend — dropping letters from restaurant names like teenagers' texts. The massive dinning room is wrapped in brick and warm wood, and accented by small white subway tile behind the bar, and a small patio out back leads to a stairwell that will take you to what is likely Dallas’ very best roof deck. Come for the scene and have a drink if you like, but dine with caution — the food may be orchestrated for the paleo diet set, but it’s rarely executed with care. Your best bet? Nachos, which are somehow the best in the city, and an ice-cold cocktail on the roof.
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11 a.m.- 11 p.m.; Friday 11 a.m.-12 a.m.; Saturday 10 a.m.-12 a.m.; Sunday 10 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio, Rooftop
- Reservations: Recommended
- Curbside pickup
- Use restaurant website to order/pay
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Other
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats