Morton’s the Steakhouse may be a chain with more than 70 locations, but this is hardly Outback. Originally located downtown since 1987, Morton’s moved on up to McKinney Avenue in 2011. A fresh makeover the following year replaced the old-school dark wood-laden dining room with a new look more suited to its Uptown location: dimmer, sexier, with appropriately glitzy chandeliers. The food remains largely the same, though -- massive slabs of wet-aged prime beef; no less than half a dozen different potato preparations including twice-baked, mashed and truffle fries; pricy seafood towers; salads ideal for sharing; and classic desserts such hot chocolate cake and Key lime pie. The handsome bar has plenty of flat-screens to keep an eye on the game (or the stock ticker) while noshing on prime burgers and a martini or a glass of wine from their cellar of more than 1,400 selections.
- Price: $$$$
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 5-9 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 5-10 p.m.
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Lot available, On-street, Valet
- Extra Services: Banquet Facilities, Private-group dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Use restaurant website to order/pay
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Grubhub
- Order/delivery via Other
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats