Les Highet and Erma Hueneke founded the first Original Pancake House in Portland, Oregon, in 1953. Since then, the family and its franchisees have exported the beloved restaurant coast to coast. The popular breakfast giants at this everyday eatery are the Apple Pancake, a large pancake with sautéed apples and cinnamon sugar; and the Dutch Baby, a behemoth pancake with lemon, whipped butter and powdered sugar. Of course, there are other popular items, like the rolled mushroom omelet with mushroom sherry sauce, but none dare reach the heights of the stars.
- Price: $, $$
- Hours: Monday-Friday 6:30 a.m.-2 p.m.; Saturday & Sunday 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: No Alcohol
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: Lot available
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Use restaurant website to order/pay