Pretty sure I should call in Gustavo for a round ofAsk a Mexican
on this, but with it beingCinco de Mayo
and all I thought I should crack open a Corona and at least give it a go.
I was going to - per my usual list - rank the Top 10 but
that's extremely difficult considering the lack of decent Mexican athletes since it's May 5th I fittingly went with just the five.
My five greatest Mexican athletes in the history of Dallas:
5. Eduardo Najera - Mavs have never replaced his energy and tenacity.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. Tony Romo - Antonio Ramiro Romo, a third-generation Mexican-American on his father's side, still waiting for post-season success.
3. Esteban Loaiza - Won 17 games with Rangers from '98-'00 and started a '99 playoff game vs. Yankees.
2. Rafael Septien - 9-year career as Cowboys' kicker included two Super Bowls and Pro Bowl season in '81
1. Lee Trevino - Honing his game at Tenison Park, "Merry Mex" won six golf Grand Slam tournaments