Spent Father's Day between the grill and the couch. OK, mostly the couch.
Instead of another tacky tie for a gift, I let dear ol' dad man the remote control. Went something like this:
U.S. Open ... Rangers ... U.S. Open ... World Cup ... Rangers ... U.S. Open ... zzzzzzz.
Got me to thinking about the most boring sports on TV. Which, not surprisingly, led me to construct a Top 10 list.
10. Marathon - Watch someone else run for four hours? No thanks.
9. Baseball - No biggest time-waster in sports than the pitcher's calling-card throw to first.
8. Golf - Sometimes you can trick yourself into thinking a guy looking for a golf ball in high weeds is riveting.
7. Soccer - Shouldn't a pass backward to the goalie be a delay of game?
6. Auto racing - I don't get cheering for the cleanest-running carburetor.
5. Bowling - Blubbery beer guts performing repetitive acts.
4. Women's basketball - Sorry, but I watch sports to see things I can't do, not chest passes, set shots and form layups I've done all my life.
3. Curling - What the what?!
2. Poker - Wearing sunglasses indoors while sitting and fibbing to the guy next to you.
1. Fishing - The way I see it, getting a fish to eat a worm is no more impressive than getting your dog to eat a piece of bacon.