Win Passes for a screening of Boy Erased!
Location: Dallas Angelika
Date: November 9th
Time: 7:30 PM
BOY ERASED tells the courageous story of Jared Eamons (Lucas Hedges), the son of a Baptist pastor in a small American town, who must overcome the fallout of being outed to his parents (Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe). His parents struggle with reconciling their love for their son with their beliefs. Fearing a loss of family, friends, and community, Jared is pressured into attending a conversion therapy program. While there, Jared comes into conflict with its leader (Joel Edgerton) and begins his journey to finding his own voice and accepting his true self. Academy Award®-nominee Lucas Hedges (Manchester by the Sea, Lady Bird), Academy Award®-winner Russell Crowe (Gladiator, A Beautiful Mind), Academy Award®-winner Nicole Kidman (TV’s Big Little Lies, The Killing of a Sacred Deer), Golden Globe®-nominee Joel Edgerton (Loving, Zero Dark Thirty), Emmy® and Tony Award®-winner Cherry Jones (TV’s Transparent), Grammy Award®-winner Michael “Flea” Balzary (Baby Driver, TV’s The Wild Thornberrys), Joe Alwyn (The Sense of an Ending), Xavier Dolan (I Killed my Mother), Troye Sivan (X-Men Origins: Wolverine), David Joseph Craig (Permission), Jesse LaTourette, Britton Sear and Théodore Pellerin (First Light) star in BOY ERASED, a Focus Features presentation of an Anonymous Content Production.
Director Joel Edgerton (The Gift) teams up with Academy Award®-winning producer and Anonymous Content founder Steve Golin (Spotlight) and veteran producer Kerry Kohansky-Roberts (Admission, TV’s Berlin Station); with Ann Ruark (Thank You for Your Service), Rebecca Yeldham (The Kite Runner), Kim Hodgert, Tony Lipp and Nash Edgerton executive producing; co-producers David Joseph Craig and Michael Moore. Overseeing physical production is Josh McLaughlin, president of production for Focus Features. The Boy Erased screenplay was penned by Joel Edgerton and inspired by Garrard Conley’s true-life coming of age and coming out memoir titled Boy Erased: A Memoir of Identity, Faith, and Family. Conley’s memoir was first published in 2016 by Penguin Random House. The production’s creative team includes director of photography Eduard Grau (Gringo), production designer Chad Keith (Loving), editor Jay Rabinowitz (Requiem for a Dream), visual effects supervisor Chris LeDoux (12 Years a Slave), and costume designer Trish Summerville (Red Sparrow).
MPAA Rating: “Rated R for sexual content including an assault, some language and brief drug use”
Register to Enter
Loading sign up instructions
"Win Passes for a screening of Boy Erased" SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. You need not be present to win. Employees (and their immediate families or those living in the same household) of DALLAS OBSERVER and House of Blues (“Sponsor(s)”)and their/its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parent and related companies, suppliers, printers and advertising, promotional and judging agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. EDT on October 10, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on November 6, 2018. You may enter this Sweepstakes via either the in-store, on-line or mail-in entry methods described below. Regardless of entry method you may enter only once. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EDT of the last day of the Sweepstakes, i.e. November 6, 2018, whether submitted on line, deposited at a participating location or mailed. Proof of depositing entry in mail is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Illegible, incomplete and duplicate entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted from post office boxes. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s) and will not be returned.
b. ON-LINE ENTRY METHOD: Beginning on October 10, 2018, you may enter the Sweepstakes via the Internet by logging on to the www.dallasobserver.com and following the entry directions. You may be required to register or to otherwise provide some or all of the following information: your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, age, e-mail address and the metropolitan service area for which you are entering. On-line entrant must be the registered subscriber of the e-mail account by which the entry is made. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account (as specified by the Internet Service Provider) used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. Entries made by any individual or any entity other than the named entrant and/or originating at any other Internet Website, including (but not limited to) commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites are void.
3. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be 1 Prize(s) awarded. The Prize consists solely of 2 tickets. The approximate total retail value of the Prize is $40. The total value of all Prizes to be awarded is $40. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the Winner. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for the Prize permitted, except by Sponsor(s) in its sole discretion. Winner may be required to complete and return an IRS W-9 form (i.e. Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification).
4. RANDOM DRAWING: A total of 1 Prize Winner(s) will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries, on or about November 6, 2018 by judges selected by Sponsor(s), whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The Prize is guaranteed to be awarded. Only one Winner per household is permitted. The Winner will be notified by telephone, e-mail or mail service by November 6, 2018.
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS: No substitution for any prize will be permitted. If necessary due to unavailability of the Prize, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the discretion of the Sponsor(s). Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release within fifteen (15) days of issuance. Failure to return all required documents in this time period may result in the Winner being disqualified and an alternate Winner selected. If a prize notification is returned to Sponsor(s) as undeliverable or if an entrant is found to be ineligible or declines acceptance of the Prize for any reason, an alternate Winner will be selected. By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize, Winner and entrant hereby consent (except where prohibited by law) to the reasonable use by Sponsor(s) of the Winners’ and entrants’ photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, hometown address, contents of the entry form and the name and age of the Winners and entrants without any further compensation for any future promotional activity related to this Sweepstakes.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes and are equal regardless of method of entry.
7. CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by the Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor(s) reserves the right to disqualify any entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Sweepstakes or the website. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and, by entering, all Winners and entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Dallas, TX. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSOR(S) OR THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR(S) RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor(s) and each of their/its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due or any combination thereof. Sponsor(s) reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor(s)’ control. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated early, a winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
9. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, Winner and entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor(s) and each of their/its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims made by the Winner, entrants or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.
10. WINNERS LIST: For an Official Winners List (available after November 6, 2018) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Win Passes for a screening of Boy Erased! ” Sweepstakes - WINNERS - or - OFFICIAL RULES (please specify), c/o Marketing Department, DALLAS OBSERVER. All requests must be received by November 6, 2018. Official Rules also available at www.dallasobserver.com/about/privacyPolicy.
12. SPONSOR(S): DALLAS OBSERVER, Allied Integrated .
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
? 2015 DALLAS OBSERVER All rights reserved.Close