You get up in the morning and immediately beat The New York Times' crossword. You watch an episode of House and drive to work. Excel spreadsheets hold you over for a couple of hours, building the perfect model, but you crave more puzzles. You, mind-bending-puzzle-lover, demand that even your foods are mysterious and maze-like. You love foods with a catch, a twist or a surprise center. Inception has satisfied your intellectual itch, but you want more. So, here are some ideas for foods to become part of your life to satisfy those puzzle cravings.
Warning: we are attempting inception with this blog post.
1. Cinnamon Rolls - Row by row, you wheel the bread around to reveal the perfect ending!--a icing doused cinnamon bread center.
2. Turducken - You will be debating the origins of this theatrical, multiple source feature for hours after its end.
3. Mystery Flavor Airhead - One of the Great Challenges of the 21st Century, the Airhead developed a mysterious albino strip of waxy, tarty, strange berried taffy. But what is the flavor? Who made it?
4. Pinwheel Sandwiches - The twists and turns! One minute it's ham, next thing you know it's salami. By the time you get to the climax, you experience a rush of mayonnaise and mustard -- and then you're tired and full.
5. Trident Layers Gum - Inception Fan, this is the gum you chew on a daily basis. It provides you the fast, puzzle fix: a new flavor tucked in the middle of your chewing experience.
6. Lobster - Yes, fan, this food is a total mind fuck. Strange claws and protruding eyes, a hammer and a bright red backed meat. You have to know where to cut and how to split right to get at that succulent climax.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
7. Stuffed Burger - The slogan for this
movie burger is " The Burger is the Secret."
8. Durian Fruit - Perhaps the king fruit of misdirection, the durian fruit has a Shyamalan-like twist ending: it smells like shit.
9. Artichoke - Deep in the center of the alien plant, is the furry disc that is it's beating heart. Unleash your knife upon this, or you could choke on it's finale.
10. Giant Lollipops - You keep these in your house because they look like the perfect maze. Also the challenge: How do you get through the lollipop in one day?