Egg rolls may be a little harder to come by in the future at the NorthPark Center. The Dallas Morning News first reported a two-alarm fire that broke out this morning at 10:30 a.m. in the Panda Express, located in the food court.
Twitter users have begun posting pictures of a significant amount of smoke pouring from the roof vent over the food court and employees and other mall goers milling around outside and waiting for the fire department to issue an all clear. At 11:30 a.m. the fire was reported as contained and workers and shoppers were permitted to re-enter the mall. We'll give you an update as soon as the damage is assessed, but it's a good bet to look elsewhere for your sesame chicken if you're planning on shopping at the NorthPark Center in the coming days.
Keep the Dallas Observer Free... Since we started the Dallas Observer, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Dallas, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Dallas with no paywalls.