Starbucks is raising their prices, y'all. I had no idea brown water could cost as much as it already does, and now they're raising the price?
This is a bunch of bologna sandwich.
The Wall Street Journal says that the change "raises the cost of a 'tall,' or 12-ounce, coffee in some New York City stores by 10 cents to $1.85. Not all sizes will see price increases." Prices will also increase in Dallas, Atlanta and other cities across the Northeast and the Sun Belt.
And to that, maybe you say, "Oh, 10 cents? That's not much." But, you're wrong. It's much.
Here are 10 better uses of your extra 10 cents than spending it on stupid fucking Starbucks:
1. Snapping 10 pennies in a singing barista's face.
2. Getting an extra Skittle on your froyo at Yogurtland. (Red.)
3. Scratching off a losing lottery ticket.
4. Making 10 wishes in a fountain, including, "Please let all the Starbuckses turn into Crystal's Pizzas one day."
5. Having a long conversation with FDR about how ordering a "tall" instead of a "small" is stupid.
6. Ten-penny Jenga.
7. Sending it to Sarah McLaughlin's sad dogs and cats thing.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to the Observer's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Dallas's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
8. Dropping 10 pennies on the ground so that you can come back later, pick them up and have 10 days of good luck.
9. Buying an ounce of gasoline for your Hummer.
10. Taking 10 Abraham Lincolns to Babydolls.
There are plenty of places in Dallas where you can buy an actually delicious cup of coffee and still have money left over to treat some dead presidents to a couple lap dances. Make sure you're getting the most out of that spare change, Aters.