Everyone wants youthful-glowing, healthy and hydrated skin. However, with increasing age, the quality of your skin declines and you experience signs of hyperpigmentation.
Besides, other factors such as overexposure to the sun, injury, cruel climate conditions, and hormonal imbalance may cause skin damage resulting in melasma, discoloration, acne, suntan, and scars.
Various skin lightening creams are available in the market; they help reduce hyperpigmentation, freckles, sun damage, age spots, and more without using mercury, hydroquinone, and other toxic substances.
These creams achieve naturally bright and light skin without side effects. Moreover, they contain organic ingredients from natural sources which are vegan friendly.
Below, we have listed the best skin lightening creams for hyperpigmentation.
Let's get started.
1. Zeta White: Click to get the best deal
2. Meladerm: Click to get the best deal
3. Amaira Skin Lightening Serum: Click to get the best deal
Zeta White is a 3-in- 1 skin lightening system, including a face wash, moisturizer, and night cream. It works well with all skin types to reduce uneven skin tone and dark spots.
These formulations work hand in hand to give you a quality lightening effect in a few weeks without side effects.
Zeta White uses natural ingredients, which are 95% organic. It free from toxins and chemicals and offers an anti-inflammatory and soothing effect that brightens the skin.
The face wash contains papaya and lemon extracts that help reduce melanin production. The moisturizer is packed with licorice to protect the skin from sun damage which causes tanning.
The night cream is the final piece of Zeta White. Enriched with allantoin, it removes dead cells and enhances the growth of new cells with less melanin.
It is manufactured by Ssshh Limited, a Nottingham-based company.
• Papaya extract: Papaya extract is a strong exfoliator that removes dead skin cells and impurities on the skin for a brighter complexion.
• Licorice: Licorice suppresses tyrosinase and helps to break up melanin in the skin.
• Allantoin: Allantoin helps to remove dead skin cells and helps with hydration.
• Apricot and coconut oil: These natural oils stimulate collagen production, promoting new cell regeneration.
What makes Zeta White Unique?
Zeta White offers 24/7 skin protection and hydration. The 3 combo pack takes care of all your skin needs without using other skincare products.
Besides, it lightens the skin and takes care of other persistent skin problems such as collagen production, dermal radiance, and smoothening fine lines.
• Works using a 3-step lightening system: face wash, moisturizer, and night cream
• Free from harsh ingredients such as hydroquinone, paraben, alcohol, and sulfates
• Manufactured in a cGMP facility using the animal-free testing protocol
• Uses natural botanical extracts
• Suits all skin types and tones
• Offers 100% money-back guarantee
• Suitable for use anywhere you would like, including underarms, knees, and elbows
• Cruelty-free and vegan friendly
• Results are visible as early as 3 weeks and last longer
• Quite expensive
A well-recognized company in the UK manufactures Zeta White. It is a premium product that offers effective results 24/7 without requiring other products. The manufacturer provides ingredients that lighten and nourish your skin.
With so many people recommending Zeta White, why not try it for yourself?
Meladerm is a top-selling skin lightening cream with over 10 active natural ingredients backed up by 20 + years of clinical research.
A product of Civant, a skincare brand based in the USA, Meladerm reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation, dark spots, melasma, and old scars and brightens the skin.
hyperpigmentation, dark spots, melasma, and old scars and brightens the skin.
It works by reducing the overactive melanosomes; melanosomes produce the melanin pigment that gives your skin color; however, when too active, they create hyperpigmentation.
Unlike most products, Meladerm does not contain harmful ingredients such as parabens, hydroquinone, and sulfates.
In its place, Civant incorporates natural ingredients such as kojic acid, licorice, and mulberry that slow down melanin production.
• Alpha Arbutin: Alpha Arbutin is a tyrosinase inhibitor; tyrosinase is an enzyme involved in melanin production and hyperpigmentation.
• White mulberry extract: Mulberry extract is a potent lightening agent. It also blocks tyrosinase, preventing excessive production of melanin. Works as good as kojic acid.
• Kojic acid: Kojic acid is a powerful natural brightening agent that suppresses melanin production.
• Bearberry extract: Bearberry is a natural alternative to hydroquinone; it's yet another tyrosinase inhibitor.
• Niacinamide: Meladerm contains niacinamide, which lowers the number of melanin transferred from melanocytes to skin cells.
What Makes Meladerm Unique?
Civant Skin Care is founded on clinical research to choose the best natural ingredients that hydrate and lighten the skin. This means a lower risk of side effects.
In addition to that, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and an airless pump that preserves sensitive ingredients, including arbutin and kojic acid, which quickly oxidize when exposed to air, losing their efficacy.
Meladerm is not a quick scheme-you should use it for about 2 weeks to a month to notice results.
• Helps various hyperpigmentation conditions
• Contains natural active ingredients
• Ideal for all skin types, color, and race in both men and women
• Brightens dark spots on various body parts
• Free from hydroquinone, parabens, sulfates, and mineral oils
• Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee
• Cruelty-free and vegan
• Easy application
• Designed to prevent degradation of the ingredients
• Manufactured in a cGMP facility
• May take time to clear scars
• Results may vary with skin type
Meladerm stands out due to its high concentration of active ingredients, well tolerated by the skin, and backed up by research. It has proven to lighten skin tone safely and is highly recommended. Why not try it for yourself?
Amaira natural lightening serum is a product of Amaira Natural Skincare, USA. It is made of natural ingredients combined to reduce hyperpigmentation on your skin, promising to make it 3 shades lighter in 6 weeks.
It contains mulberry leaf extract, its main active ingredient, that slows down melanin production by almost 50%. Other ingredients remove dead skin cells, rejuvenate cells, tighten the skin, diminish fine lines and add radiance and glow.
It is highly recommended for lightening intimate areas, including inner thighs, genitals, underarms, and nipples. It also works on all skin types. Don't worry if you have sensitive skin.
Amaira taps into ancient plant-based ingredients used in Chinese medicine to create this lightening serum that leaves the skin with an even skin tone and youthful look.
This serum is free from perfume, parabens, hydroquinone, and harsh chemicals that could harm your skin. Use it in your intimate areas without any concerns.
This formula offers anti-aging benefits giving you a youthful complexion and prevent the formation of dark pigmentation.
The manufacturer recommends using these lightening serum for about 6-8 weeks, twice a day, to notice results.
It is recommended for dark underarms, genital areas, scars, and birthmarks.
• Mulberry extract: The mulberry extract helps to remove dark spots and discoloration. It inhibits tyrosinase-an enzyme that triggers melanin production and slows down hyperpigmentation.
• Kojic acid: As seen above,kojic acid also prevents melanin production and helps treat hyperpigmentation areas, including sunspots, dark patches on intimate areas, knees, elbows, and underarms. It also reduces the appearance of discoloration.
• Field Dock extract: Field dock extract blocks enzyme tyrosinase, helping to fade age spots and prevent further hyperpigmentation.
• Glycolic acid: Glycolic acid reduces hyperpigmentation and fades dark patches.
• Irish moss: Irish moss promotes collagen production for new cell regeneration. It is rich in moisturizing compounds and minerals that promote a natural youthful glow.
What makes Amaira Natural Lightening Serum unique?
Amaira Lightening Serum stands out due to its organic ingredients and its safety in intimate areas with sensitive skin. It is a scientific-proven formula that reduces hyperpigmentation in the genital areas and other body parts by suppressing melanin production in both men and women.
• Plant-based ingredients for sensitive skin
• Suppresses melanin and removes dead skin cells
• Suitable for both men and women on all skin types
• Safe to use in intimate areas; free from harsh chemicals
• Tested using a cruelty-free protocol
• Offers a 60-day money-back guarantee
• May cause redness and irritation on waxed areas or broken skin
• Should not be used during pregnancy
• Makes the skin more sensitive to harmful UV rays
Try Amaira Advanced Skin Lightening Serum today.
Hyperpigmentation is a term used to describe patches of skin that appear darker than the surrounding areas.
It appears darkened spots or patches that create uneven skin tone due to excessive melanin in the skin cells. It may occur in small patches, cover large areas or affect the entire body.
There are various types of hyperpigmentation that vary from person to person. Here are the most common ones.
Melasma is common among women than men. It is characterized by large patches of darkened skin, mainly on the face, forehead, and stomach.
It mainly develops during pregnancy or when taking birth control pills. Individuals with darker skin are more prone to melasma.
Age spots are also referred to as solar lentigines or liver spots. They appear as tan, brown or black spots following excess sun exposure over time.
This hyperpigmentation is common in older adults.
Patches or darkened skin spots characterize Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation due to inflammation or injury to the skin, such as acne or eczema.
Dark patches can develop anywhere on the body and vary in size. Sun exposure and inflammation are the main risk factors because they increase melanin production.
Excess melanin results in hyperpigmentation.
The body naturally produces more melanin to protect you from harmful UV rays. However, prolonged sun exposure disrupts this process leading to dark patches on the skin known as age spots or sunspots.
Certain medications such as chemotherapy drugs may cause hyperpigmentation as a side effect.
Hormonal changes caused by pregnancy or oral contraceptives may result in hyperpigmentation.
Inflammation of the skin may leave behind dark areas. It may be caused by acne, trauma to the skin, lupus, or eczema.
Hyperpigmentation may be caused by certain medical conditions such as hemochromatosis and Addison's disease.
Hemochromatosis, a genetic disease, causes high iron levels in the body, making the skin appear tanned or darker.
Addison's disease, an endocrine disease, may cause hyperpigmentation in elbows and knees, knuckles, lips, toes, and skin folds.
Hyperpigmentation is not harmful and usually not a primary medical concern.
There are various types of treatment depending on the severity, individual's preference, and the condition ranging from cosmetic treatments to medications to skincare creams.
Skin lightening creams are skincare products designed to lighten your skin color. They decrease the amount of melanin in the skin, the pigment that determines how light or dark the skin appears.
They can be used to lighten your overall complexion or as a spot treatment such as acne scars or age spots.
Skin lightening creams contain natural extracts that work by reducing melanin production in the body. Melanin is made in cells known as melanocytes; lightening creams work by decreasing the number of melanocytes in the skin.
Besides, some ingredients work as exfoliants and brighten the skin by removing dead skin cells, while others offer anti-aging effects giving your skin a radiant glow.
Lightening creams brighten your overall complexion by reducing hyperpigmentation. Your skin will gradually appear more even after several months of use.
They treat the following:
• Age spots
• Discoloration due to acne, skin injury, piercings, or burns
• Birthmark and blemishes
• Dark patches in intimate areas
Yes, these products are suitable and safe for both women and men.
These creams contain ingredients that are well tolerated in all skin types. They work great regardless of your origin and gender, albeit sensitive skin.
Please consult a physician if you have any special skin conditions before use.
These are natural skin lightening creams that do not require a doctor's consultation or prescription. You can buy directly from the manufacturer.
They do not contain any paraben, sulfates, steroids, mercury, or hydroquinone.
However, as with any cosmetic product, it is advisable to consult with a dermatologist before use.
You may use additional cleaning products, toners, and moisturizers while using these products, with the exception of Zeta White that comes in a complete package.
Besides, you may need to add sunscreen into your routine. However, wait for at least 10 minutes before applying any other product to allow maximum absorption.
Do not directly mix these creams with other products.
No, women who are breastfeeding should wait until when they are done nursing. When nursing, there is a high chance that the baby's skin might contact the products resulting in redness or irritation. Since the infant's skin is not fully developed, this is not recommended.
Also, pregnant women or those planning to get pregnant should not use them; their safety during pregnancy or nursing is not yet established.
Individuals react differently due to different skin types; therefore, there is a slight chance that some individuals may develop allergic reactions to some of the ingredients.
However, they are well tolerated by most individuals.
Most best skin lightening products make the skin extra sensitive to the sun; thus, you will require to wear sunscreen while using these creams.
They minimize dark spots on the skin caused by sun exposure, hormonal changes, and aging. They help to even out your overall complexion and reduce skin discoloration.
Also, they may reduce the appearance of acne scars and freckles and remove dead skin cells to deliver better even-tone results.
And not to mention, they are free of parabens, sulfates, hydroquinone, and steroids that may cause devastating side effects.
Yes, you can wear makeup products while using these products. However, you should wait for 10 minutes after the application to allow the product to sink in.
You will see results as early as 2 to 6 weeks. You should regularly use the products for at least 2-3 months for the best results. Users have reported varying results due to different skin types and sun exposure they receive daily; therefore, it is advisable to give them ample time to work.
If you are dissatisfied, each product comes with a refund policy.
The manufacturers provide transparent labels. The ingredients are 100 percent organic with no side effects and are free from steroids, mercury, hydroquinone, and parabens. Therefore, they are entirely safe for use.