The concert listings continue to pile in even after last week's flurry of announcements. This week, we see a bevy of new shows that are guaranteed to attract a slew of audiences from the area. Onwards we go.
- The National is bringing its Sleep Well Beast tour to South Side Ballroom on Oct. 6. The sounds you hear are DFW dads rejoicing with glee. The show, sponsored by KXT-FM 91.7 and featuring Alvvays as the opener, serves as one of the highlights of the Austin City Limits spillover effect; the band is playing both weekends of the festival. Tickets are on sale Friday at livenation.com.
- White Denim is no stranger to area stages. The Austin-based rock quartet is celebrating the release of its latest album, Performance, with a two shows at Three Links in Deep Ellum on its release day, Aug. 24. Tickets are on sale Friday at prekindle.com.
- The masterful Maxwell is embarking on a massive North American tour in support of his most recent album. The 50 Intimate Nights Live tour will bring him to Irving's Toyota Music Factory for a show Oct. 27. Tickets are on sale Friday at livenation.com.
- Many years removed from "Mmmbop," the Hanson brothers have announced another touring venture for the upcoming months. They'll embark on their String Theory tour in support of their new symphonic album in August and travel through North America into 2019. The tour stops Jan. 5 at Fort Worth's Bass Symphony Hall. Tickets are on sale Friday at basshall.com.
- Rapper Mac Miller has a lengthy North American tour in support of his latest album, Swimming. The Pittsburgh-based artist has consistently been cracking the Billboard charts and will play Nov. 10 at Irving's Toyota Music Factory. Tickets are on sale Friday at livenation.com.
- Singer-songwriter Billie Eilish has announced plans to embark on a 14-date North American tour. This 1 By 1 tour will stop in Dallas Nov. 13 for a show at the Granada Theater. Tickets are on sale Friday at prekindle.com.
- August Greene — a supergroup with rapper Common, versatile jazz artist Robert Glasper, and prolific producer and percussionist Karriem Riggins — will hit the road for a string of live dates this fall. The group will appear Nov. 23 at House of Blues. Tickets are on sale Friday at livenation.com
- Metal-core collective Beartooth has announced a large-scale North American tour in support of its upcoming album, Disease. It'll appear Oct. 23 at House of Blues. Tickets are on sale Friday at livenation.com.
- Indie pop outfit LANY has had triumphant performances in Dallas. With that in mind, it's no surprise that the group has chosen Dallas as one of the stops on its brief fall itinerary. It'll perform Oct. 29 at South Side Ballroom. Tickets are on sale Friday at livenation.com.
- The Kessler Theater will host an outstanding double bill Oct. 20. Rebirth Brass Band and Big Sam's Funky Nation will appear for a night of New Orleans soul, funk and R&B. Tickets are on sale Friday at prekindle.com.
Keep the Dallas Observer Free... Since we started the Dallas Observer, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Dallas, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Dallas with no paywalls.