As the Fourth of July rolls by, our area heat index reaches its peak. As you're cooling off at the pool, in the air conditioning or submerged in a bucket of ice, take a look at some new concert announcements with acts that will soon be passing through our neck of the woods.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Resale Concert Tickets
- Canadian R&B and soul youngster Daniel Caesar has had a good go of it this year: He's won a Grammy and has recruited heavy-hitters like Pharrell and John Mayer to join him on his latest LP, Case Study 01. Catch him live on Sept. 1, as he performs at South Side Ballroom. Tickets are on sale July 5.
- Jay Park is a South Korean who is rapidly ascending in the global hip-hop game. Don't confuse him with K-Pop, though, as his beats and rhymes are far more gritty and more industrial than his poppier peers. Catch his show on Nov. 20, at The Bomb Factory. Tickets are on sale July 5.
- Singer-songwriter, guitar wizard and Twitter goofball Ryley Walker comes to Denton on Sept. 3, for a performance at Dan's Silverleaf with opener Wild Pink. Last year, Walker released two albums: an all-original set titled Deafman Glance and his eclectic The Lillywhite Sessions, a cover of the 2001 Dave Matthews Band release of the same name. Tickets are on sale now.
- Xavier Rudd is heading to Dallas for a House of Blues performance on Sept. 18. The Australian singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist fills his music with progressive themes centered around spirituality, humanity and native rights. Tickets are on sale July 5.
- Former boy wonder DJ, producer and YouTube sensation Madeon is out touring this fall behind his latest album, Good Faith, which should serve as a good building block for the tour as it's climbing up the Billboard charts. Catch him at House of Blues on Dec. 12. Tickets are on sale July 5.
- Multi-instrumentalist and bluegrass enthusiast Billy Strings is out touring behind his latest album, Home In January. He'll be bringing his ace band along with him to a stop at Deep Ellum Art Co., which takes place Oct. 17. Tickets are on sale now.
- Longtime local favorites White Denim are out on the road this fall touring in support of their recently released album, Performance. They're also celebrating 10 years together as a band and show little sign of slowing down on their raucous live shows, one of which will be at Deep Ellum Art Co. Tickets are on sale now.
- Australian singer-songwriter Alex Lahey is making waves with her slacker indie rock riffs and pointedly honest lyrics about the ins and outs of daily life as a twenty-something. She's out touring behind The Best of Luck Club, her acclaimed sophomore release. She'll play Deep Ellum Art Co. on Aug. 17. Tickets are on sale now.