The five best moments from last night’s Hard Knocks: Week 2. Or did I miss something?
5. Former scout and Jason’s dad, Jim Garrett, “running” as slow – and as consistent – as humanly possible.
4. Linebacker Zach Thomas fielding punts as smooth as Patrick Crayton. Seriously now, that was impressive.
3. Magic Johnson’s motivational speech: “I’m looking at the Super Bowl champions!” Goose. Bumps.
2. Martellus Bennett rolling his eyes and giggling after tight ends coach John Garrett’s pre-practice pep talk. Yeah, I have real high hopes for that second-round pick. You?
1. Roy Williams, Ninja that he is, sneaking into Terrell Owens’ hotel room. At least the much-maligned safety’s sense of humor is back. -- Richie Whitt
Keep the Dallas Observer Free... Since we started the Dallas Observer, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Dallas, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Dallas with no paywalls.