This morning, Texas Governor Rick Perry tweeted a photo encapsulating what is no doubt a very special approach to international relations. The picture largely speaks for itself, but let's ponder some of the major questions.
- Did Mr. Seko come to the meeting wearing a baseball glove?
- Did he think Governor Perry was some sort of representative of the Texas Rangers?
- How do you shake hands with someone wearing a baseball glove? We ask because Rick Perry desperately needs to know the optimum approach. This approach is clearly not working.
- Where are they standing? Is that wallpaper or a house?
- Whose idea was it to put Rick Perry's head directly in front of a very small painting depicting a scene that is basically the opposite of Texas?
- Is Rick Perry just trolling all of us? Is it working because I'm writing this?
Keep the Dallas Observer Free... Since we started the Dallas Observer, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Dallas, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Dallas with no paywalls.