10 Signs That Your Relationship Is Probably Over In Dallas
"Let's play Hide & Never Date Me Again."
You're about to go on a date in Dallas. Things haven't been great lately, and you're not sure if this is the end or not.
Here are 10 signs that your Dallas relationship might be headed in the "it's over" direction.
10. You're on a date at Klyde Warren Park, and she keeps insisting that you go up into the tree house and close your eyes and count to 10 because "that's all the head start she needs."
9. He claims there's a House of Plates secret party in Addison and he will meet you there. The address he gives you is a Steak & Shake. "Steak & Shakes are hip now. I swear."
8. She sends you a box of Tiff's Treats with a note on them that says, "Happy birthday. It's over."
7. He puts beans in the chili.
6. He sings "Let's Stay Together" at Good Luck Karaoke, only he changes the lyrics to "Let's Not Stay Together" and makes direct eye contact with you the entire time. He's sober. Hammertimez does not interrupt him to make jokes.
5. She painted over all the work you did painting over the Forest Lane mural.
Oh hayl naw. She did not paint over the arrow you painted over. This is clearly the last straw.
4. She got two un-get-able tickets to a Cafe Momentum dinner and didn't take you. Then Instagrammed pics of her making out with every course and tagged you.
3. He couldn't outrun the T-rex at the Perot Museum.
He's slow as hell. That's a deal-breaker.
2. He takes you to Dickey's. Someone's getting dumped in this equation, but it's not you. If anyone invites you to Dickey's, it should be over. If it's not over, you need to take a serious look at your life choices. Snag a free cone on your way out the door to singledom.
1. She claims Reunion Tower just "looks like a big vibrator and the fact that it lights up all different colors now and spins just reinforces its dildo-ness." She may have a point, but that kind of mockery of local icons will not stand. It cannot stand. It mustn't stand.
Get the Arts+Culture Newsletter
Receive exclusive announcements and discounts from the Dallas Art Scene directly to your inbox!
More ARTS News
- Warren Harris: A Grateful Dead Roadie Turned Prolific Texas Photographer
Fri., May 29, 9 p.m. and Sat., May 30, 9 p.m.
Thu., June 4, 7:30 p.m., Sat., June 27, 2:30 p.m. and Sat., Aug. 8, 11:30 a.m.
Fri., June 5, 10 a.m.
Fri., June 5, 7 p.m.
- 13 Best Tattoo Shops in DFW, 2015 Edition
- 16 Awesome Things to Do in Dallas This Weekend: Fan Expo, Queso Fountains, Ballet West