Several local Texas artists are securing dates for area performances as 2018 begins turning into 2019. Elsewhere, another holiday show hits the books, a Spotify concert series comes to town and a world music renaissance man bounds into Dallas.
Resale Concert Tickets
Dallas Symphony Chorus: Lawrence Loh - Christmas Pops
Friday, Dec. 6, 2019 / 7:30pm @ Meyerson Symphony Center 2301 Flora St. Ste. 100 Dallas TX 752012301 Flora St. Ste. 100, Dallas TX 75201View more dates and times at this location >
Longview Symphony Orchestra: Dana Pundt and Jon Starling - Home for The Holidays
Friday, Dec. 6, 2019 / 7:30pm @ S.E. Belcher Jr. Performance Center 2100 S. Mobberly Ave. Longview TX 756072100 S. Mobberly Ave., Longview TX 75607
- Richardson's own Heather Morgan is coming Oct. 18 to The Kessler Theater. The pop-country songsmith has penned songs for some of the industry's biggest names and is traveling behind her highly acclaimed debut album, Borrowed Heart. Tickets are on sale now at prekindle.com.
Reckless Kelly are always worth checking out. The longtime Americana outfit has been performing for adoring Lone Star State crowds for decades as they bring with them constantly evolving tunes and a fervently adoring fanbase. They'll play Dec. 1 at The Kessler Theater. Tickets are on sale now at prekindle.com.
- The almost-annual Bruce Robison & Kelly Willis Holiday Shindig is returning Dec. 14 to The Kessler Theater. This tradition has taken off since its inception in 1999, with the duo taking the time to perform songs from their respective catalogs in addition to full dose of holiday hits. Tickets are on sale now at prekindle.com.
- Singer-songwriter Andrew McMahon is heading out on a massive 2019 tour behind his upcoming album, Upside Down Flowers. The 36-date tour itinerary will hit all the major markets and will stop in Dallas for a show at Jan. 25 at the House of Blues. Tickets are on sale Oct. 5 at livenation.com.
- Spotify and Live Nation Urban have announced additional dates to their RapCaviar concert series in Toronto and Dallas. 21 Savage will headline the Dallas show, which will take place Nov. 29 at South Side Ballroom. Young Nudy will be on the bill as the supporting act. Tickets are on sale Oct. 5 at livenation.com.
- The esteemed and venerable rock 'n' roll outfit Los Lobos will appear at House of Blues for a show on Jan. 26. Formed in East Los Angeles in the 1970s, the band has always expertly blended a wide genre of rock, Tejano, blues and Mariachi. Tickets are on sale Oct. 5 at livenation.com.
Big Head Todd and The Monsters are most well-known for "Bittersweet," their 1993 Billboard Top 40 hit. The song catapulted the Colorado band into the limelight and continues to serve as a highlight of their live set, despite the fact that they've released a dozen albums and have toured relentlessly for close to four decades. Tickets for their Feb. 9 show at House of Blues are on sale Oct. 5 at livenation.com.
Cory Morrow, of course one of the founding fathers of the Modern Day Texas Country Music phenomenon, is always out and about touring. He makes it a pretty regular habit to check in at local venues, and he'll do so again Dec. 22 at The Granada Theater. Tickets are on sale Oct. 5 at prekindle.com.
- Another popular staple of the Texas music scene, Bob Schneider, makes Dallas a regular touring stop near the end of each year. The end of 2018 will be no different as he's booked a date at The Granada Theater for Dec. 28. Tickets are on sale Oct. 5 at prekindle.com.
Jesse Cook, one of the most widely respected artists in nuevo flamenco music is touring around the country this upcoming winter. As a guitarist, composer and producer, Cook has made music for quite some time now and will be releasing a new album called Beyond Borders. Tickets for his Feb. 1 show at the Majestic Theatre are on sale Oct. 5 at ticketmaster.com.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!