Austin City Limits announced the line-ups this week for its two-weekend extravaganza in October. Over the next couple of weeks, expect many of the artists involved to announce some DFW area shows to pass the time between weekend appearances. In the meantime, we've got some stellar additions to the concert calendar. Pink, Reba McEntire and some top-shelf Americana acts have all announced upcoming shows in the Dallas area.
Resale Concert Tickets
- Pop superstar Pink has added a return date at American Airlines Center to her ever-growing touring itinerary. Next spring — March 24 — will find her bringing the crazy revelry Beautiful Trauma world tour back to the area for her legion of adoring fans. Tickets go on sale Tuesday at ticketmaster.com.
- Gillian Welch and David Rawlings, the stunningly talented Americana duo, have announced a string of 12 U.S. tour dates this summer, and Dallas is one of the lucky dozen. The duo, who last played the Majestic Theatre in 2015 as The David Rawlings Machine, will return to the same theater Aug. 23. Tickets are on sale Friday at ticketmaster.com.
- Another Americana stalwart and Texas native, Lyle Lovett, will make his annual Dallas appearance Aug. 19 at the AT&T Performing Arts Center. He'll be back around with his Large Band, a diverse and talented ensemble. Tickets are on sale Friday at attpac.org.
- The company CitySquare has been fighting the causes and effects of poverty through service, advocacy, and friendship. On Sept. 15, it's hosting a benefit concert at Toyota Music Pavilion called A Night To Remember. Headlining the event is none other than country superstar Reba McEntire. Tickets, starting at $50, are on sale Friday at livenation.com.
- Indie rock veteran Death Cab For Cutie has announced a large-scale North American tour in support of its upcoming new album. It's been a few years since Ben Gibbard and company have hit the road, so expect an enthusiastic response to this tour announcement. They'll perform Oct. 1 at The Bomb Factory, with Charly Bliss opening. Tickets are on sale Friday at ticketfly.com.
- Oklahoma native John Moreland has been touring for the past year behind the stellar Big Bad Luv, one of the best albums of 2017. The singer-songwriter has been around for the better part of a decade, penning interesting character studies and examining the complexities of the world around us. Catch him Aug. 25 at The Kessler Theater. Tickets are on sale Friday at prekindle.com.
- The Kessler Theater will also host an evening with Slaid Cleaves on July 19. The Americana singer-songwriter has been actively performing and touring the world since the early '90s, when he released his breakthrough album, No Angel Knows. The Austin resident is a fan favorite at the Kessler. Tickets are on sale Friday at prekindle.com.
- Smooth jazz saxophonist Dave Koz is bringing his Dave Koz and Friends Summer Horn Tour to Dallas for a show Aug. 4 at the Meyerson Symphony Center. The celebrated artist possesses decades of performance expertise and multiple Grammy Award nominations. Tickets go on sale Friday at ticketmaster.com.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!