There are still a couple of days left for Christmas shopping. Here are some new concert listings as you perhaps consider ticket purchases for your friends and family.
Resale Concert Tickets
Dallas Symphony Orchestra: Gil Shaham - Dvorak's Violin Concerto
Friday, Jan. 17, 2020 / 7:30pm @ Meyerson Symphony Center 2301 Flora St. Ste. 100 Dallas TX 752012301 Flora St. Ste. 100, Dallas TX 75201
- It's almost that time of year again. Time for Another Badu Birthday, the annual celebration honoring the birth of Dallas' own Erykah Badu. The artist and all-around Renaissance woman always brings along surprise big names and amazing guest appearances, and this year's event should prove no different. It takes place Feb. 23, and tickets are on sale Dec. 21 at ticketfly.com.
America, the '70s folk-rock band that had top hit singles with "A Horse With No Name" and "Sister Golden Hair" are out touring to celebrate 50 years together. The festivities and trips down memory lane will make a local appearance at The Theatre at Grand Prairie on Feb. 2. Tickets are on sale Dec. 21 at axs.com.
- You can add Julio Iglesias to the list of performers celebrating their 50th anniversary in the business. As the most popular Latin recording artist in history, the singer will bring a heavy catalog of hits from his 300 million-selling discography to The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory on March 2. Tickets are on sale Dec. 21 at livenation.com.
- Latin trap superstar Bad Bunny is heading out on the road for a string of North American tour dates as part of his La Nueva Religion Tour. This outing will see him performing at some of the largest theaters of his career, including an April 4 date at American Airlines Center. Tickets are on sale Dec. 21 at ticketmaster.com.
Deafhaven and Baroness are bringing the metal noise to Canton Hall for a show on March 10. The bands are out touring behind recent albums; Deafhaven's Ordinary Corrupt Human Love features the single "Honeycomb," which was recently nominated for a Grammy Best Metal Performance. Tickets are on sale Dec. 21 at ticketfly.com.
- Another noisy outfit, hip-hop thrashers Death Grips are coming to Canton Hall for a show on March 27. They've announced a run of Texas shows to follow appearances at Mexico City's Festival NRML and New Orleans' Buku Music and Art Project. Tickets are on sale Dec. 21 at ticketfly.com.
- Americana duo, The Milk Carton Kids have been out touring behind their recently released third album. They've added tour dates that include a trip to The Kessler Theater on April 9 for a performance that should sound right at home in the cozy confines of the Bishop Arts performance space. Tickets are on sale Dec. 21 at prekindle.com.
- Soulful English singer-songwriter Marsha Ambrosius will play a show at The Bomb Factory on March 9. The former member of Floetry is out on the road supporting her recently released third album, NYLA, a release that has cracked the top-10 lists of many R&B critics. Tickets are on sale Dec. 21 at ticketfly.com.
- Austin's Ben Kweller is a regular on the local touring circuit. The Austin resident's power-pop, alt-country gems have been popping up frequently on radio, television and advertising campaigns for over 15 years as he's steadily built an audience of loyal, die-hard fans in and out of the Lone Star State. He'll play at Trees on Feb. 11. Tickets are on sale Dec. 21 at spunetickets.com.
The Flesh Eaters began as a project way back in 1977. Over 40 years later, they're still touring, recording and getting together to collaborate when time allows. Featuring John Doe, DJ Bonebrake, Dave Alvin, Bill Bateman, Steve Berlin and Chris D, the collective is a punk-rocker's dream team lineup. They'll play Feb. 24 at Club Dada. Tickets are on sale Dec. 21 at spunetickets.com.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!