Two original members of the 1968-era Byrds lineup are teaming up with Marty Stuart for an intriguing album commemoration show this fall. Elsewhere, two of rap's biggest rising stars take local stages, while a jazz interpreter hits up Deep Ellum. All that and a little more in this week's lineup of concert announcements.
Resale Concert Tickets
Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra: William Waldrop - Unforgettable Nat and Natalie
Sunday, Nov. 17, 2019 / 2:00pm @ Bass Performance Hall 330 E 4th Street Fort Worth TX 76102330 E 4th Street, Fort Worth TX 76102
- 50 years ago, The Byrds released their country-rock masterpiece, Sweetheart of the Rodeo. To commemorate the occasion, Marty Stuart, Chris Hillman and Roger McGuinn are heading out to play it in full. The revue will play Nov. 9 at The Majestic Theatre. Tickets are on sale Aug. 31 at axs.com.
- Chicago-based rapper G Herbo has announced a major fall tour across America behind his new collaboration album Swervo. The 29-city concert excursion takes him across much of North America, with a Dallas date set for Nov. 4 at Canton Hall. Southside and Queen Key also appear. Tickets are on sale Aug. 31 at ticketfly.com.
- Portland-based rapper Amine has announced a large fall tour across North America behind his latest album, OnePointFive. His videos have amassed millions of views on YouTube, too. He'll appear Dec. 6 at Dallas' House of Blues. Tickets are on sale Aug. 31 at livenation.com.
- R&B/jazz musician Masego will tour extensively across North America this fall supporting his upcoming album Lady Lady. The 20-city excursion comes to Dallas for a Trees show Dec. 1. Tickets are on sale Aug. 31 at ticketfly.com.
- "Jukebox! I'm gonna put seven dollars worth of Hoobastank in it, then I'm coming back to hang with you bros!" A hyped-up Rafi, played by Jason Mantzoukas, exclaimed these lines in an episode of The League. Despite these zingers, the band is back out playing shows for the 15th anniversary of their album The Reason. Catch them Nov. 25 at Canton Hall. Tickets are on sale Aug. 31 at ticketfly.com.
- Alicia Bognanno brings Bully, her sleek power-pop trio to Dan's Silverleaf in Denton on Oct. 26. The Chicago-based band is out touring behind their latest album, Losing, and they pack a gnarly punch in their energetic live sets. Tickets are on sale Aug. 31 at paradeofflesh.com.
The Band of Heathens will celebrate the release of their re-interpreted Ray Charles album, A Message From The People Revisited, with a Nov. 24 show at The Kessler Theater. The 1972 socially conscious album is ripe for a new interpretation in this puzzling political climate. Tickets are on sale Aug. 31 at prekindle.com.
Jamey Johnson and Friends is a star-studded evening of music put together by the lauded country rocker. On Oct. 16 at The Theatre at Grand Prairie, he'll be joined by Steve Earle, BJ Thomas, Keith Secola, and more. Tickets are on sale Aug. 31 at axs.com.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!