Though the weather still reminds us that it's the heat of the summer, Christmas shows are being announced. It's the usual reminder that time travels fast and soon enough we'll be celebrating the festivities of the holiday season. In more time appropriate matters, Travis Scott, Josh Abbott and Scotty McCreery have lined up local shows. And much more, as is usually the case each week.
- Travis Scott brings his highly anticipated Astroworld: Wish You Were Here tour to Dallas for a show Nov. 15 at American Airlines Center. The extensive tour in support of his recently released album figures to be one of the hottest tickets of the fall. Tickets are on sale Aug. 24 at ticketmaster.com.
- The Rustic in Dallas continues to add to their list of popular fall shows. On fairly short notice, Texas country megastars Josh Abbott Band will take the stage for an Oct. 10 performance. This is another show that is likely to drive the masses to the web in large numbers on ticket release day. Those tickets go on sale Aug. 24 at prekindle.com.
- Texas' own royal guitar gunslinger Doyle Bramhall II will make an appearance Nov. 2 at the Granada Theater. With past work as a guitar maestro for the likes of Eric Clapton and Roger Waters, in addition to his prolific solo work, Bramhall always brings the thunder to his shows. Tickets are on sale Aug. 24 at prekindle.com.
- American Idol alum and North Carolina champion Scotty McCreery will hit up House of Blues for a Nov. 29 show. His Seasons Change tour will hit a good portion of North America as the singer will also undoubtedly make several major television appearances on this jaunt, as well. Tickets are on sale Aug. 24 at livenation.com.
- Snails, the latest electronica/dub sensation, is bringing his beats and sounds to the South Side Ballroom for a Dec. 14 show. His unique blend of sonic structures has earned him quite a following in a short time. Tickets are on sale Aug. 24 at livenation.com.
- Robert Earl Keen is bringing his annual Merry Christmas From The Family show Dec. 28 to House of Blues. The event has become a staple of Texas holiday entertainment, and Keen always mixes things up for the occasion. Tickets are on sale Aug. 24 at livenation.com.
- Another holiday tradition comes around with the annual announcement of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert extravaganza. This year's iteration takes place Dec. 22 at American Airlines Center. Tickets are on sale Sept. 12 at ticketmaster.com.
- Death From Above, having recently dropped the "1979" from their band name, are playing their debut EP, Heads Up this fall. With tour dates scattered across the country and with a recently released full-length album in tow, the band will play Nov. 11 at Gas Monkey Live! Tickets are on sale Aug. 24 at ticketfly.com.