Beyonce and Jay-Z are coming. The most hyped music event of the year leads off our list of new concert announcements this week, but there's lots more to dig into. The summer ahead continues to be shaping up nicely, and many venues are booking well into the fall.
- The biggest news of the week was the joint Beyonce/Jay-Z nationwide tour announcement. The DFW area made the cut, and the global icons will headline AT&T Stadium in Arlington on Sept. 11. Presales are happening, and general tickets go on sale Monday at ticketmaster.com.
- The Outlaw Music Festival is returning June 30 at Starplex Pavilion as part of the Visit Dallas Concert Series. The star-studded evening will feature Willie Nelson, Sturgill Simpson, Ryan Bingham, The Head and the Heart, and several more artists. Tickets are on sale Friday at livenation.com.
- Falsettos and giant voices will raise the roof Oct. 24 at American Airlines Center. Broadway singer and Frozen chanteuse Idina Menzel will open the concert for fellow operatic singer Josh Groban. The pair are traveling together as part of Groban's worldwide Bridges tour. Tickets are on sale Friday at ticketmaster.com.
- A few weeks ago, we mentioned David Byrne's April 24 gig at the AT&T Center for the Performing Arts. The ex-Talking Heads frontman will be back in town this fall as part of his continuing American Utopia tour for an Oct. 6 performance at Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie. Tickets this new show are on sale Friday at axs.com.
- The folks behind Richardson's Wildflower Arts and Music Festival have curated a pretty stellar lineup of live acts. May 18 features Kool & The Gang, Starship, featuring Mickey Thomas, Radney Foster, Eve 6 and Spoon. May 19 brings to the stages Gin Blossoms, John Ford Coley, Lifehouse, Switchfoot, Goo Goo Dolls and Jimmy Eat World. And March 20 wraps things up with a headlining spot from Reckless Kelly. Artist and ticket information is at wildflowerfestival.com.
- The resurrected Alice in Chains lineup is set for Sept. 8 at Toyota Music Factory. The alt-metal band has announced plans to release a new album of material this year and has scheduled a lengthy North American tour that will keep it on the road all summer and fall. Tickets are on sale Friday at livenation.com.
- Versatile rapper and producer Logic has announced a bevy of tour dates in support of his chart-topping 2017 album, Everybody. He'll appear July 29 at Starplex Pavilion alongside fellow artists NF and Kyle. Tickets will be on sale Friday at livenation.com.
- Eric B & Rakim are hip-hop legends and influences to some of today's biggest stars. One of the biggest names in the business in the '80s, the DJ/emcee duo has slowed down a bit, but they still put on a helluva show when they hit stages these days. Catch them April 25 at The Bomb Factory with YoYo as the opening act. Tickets are on sale Friday at thebombfactory.com.
- Chicago-based artist Ryley Walker has made a couple of albums' worth of folk-inflected guitar jams. He's got a pleasant voice, too, and writes evocative and introspective lyrics. As serious as his tunes are, his Twitter feed is outright hilarious and self-deprecating. Catch him April 12 at Three Links. Tickets are on sale at threelinksdeepellum.com.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to the Observer's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Dallas's stories with no paywalls.