This week, in honor of the biggest party night of the year, we asked all of our previously featured DC9er Mixtape DJs to share how they plan on ringing in the New Year.
Hit the jump to check out what nine of our DJs have planned for tonight, plus some fresh new mixes to get your New Year's Eve started on the right foot.
- Bryce Isbell (FUR) and Yeahdef will be spinning together at Hailey's in Denton tonight. There is no cover charge, and according to Yeahdef, the duo plans to play "tag team DJ sets to bring some New Year's elegance to Denton", classy. FUR will be playing some "cerebrally minimal deep-tech beats, mixed with a dreamy left-field flavor," while Yeahdef plans to drop "fun boogie jams, as well as recent club hard hitters and throwback '80s and '90s [tracks]" Again, it's free for 21 and over, and well drinks are only $2. You can check out FUR's latest mix here.
- DJ Wild In The Streets will be DJing an event at the Texas Theatre in Oak Cliff. The theatre is celebrating it's re-opening, and since it originally opened in 1931, they're hosting a '30s-themed party. Comedian Neil Hamburger, the Singapore Slingers and the Ruby Revue will also be performing. For more information check out the theatre's website.
- DJ Avi will be spinning house and Top 40 dance tracks at AURA for the "Old-Hollywood Glam Style Party." The party runs from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m., and tickets are $50, on sale right here. DJ Avi will also be playing the "Rapture" afterparty at Silver City from 2 a.m. until however long the party goes for. There, he'll be spinning alongside eight other DJs in Dallas. There's said to be a free buffet all night, as well as other "surprises." In other news, DJ Avi recently released a new house/club series called the "Jewish House Mafia", which will be up on his website soon.
- James Genova will be spinning house and trance at RA Sushi in the Shops of Legacy in Frisco. The event is a Black & Red Masquerade party, and RA will be serving red and black food, as well as providing masks for the attendees -- black masks for men, and red masks for ladies. There is no cover charge.
- Kenny Lucas aka WeAreDarkClouds (formerly R.A. Four) is keeping it low key and will be playing at a house party in Oak Cliff tonight.
- DJ Sean Micheals will be spinning at Dukes Roadhouse in Addison tonight. There is no cover and drinks are only $3 well drinks.
- DJ TraDeMarx will be saying "good-bye 2010, hello 2011" at Vickery Park in Plano all night, and bringing in the new with some disco, nu disco, electro-indie, pop and a bit of funk and soul. You can check out DJ TraDeMarx's latest mix here.
Mr. Daishiki Jones will be playing at DISCO'S REVENGE presents NYE 2011. The event takes place from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. at Absinthe Lounge, and DJs Mr. Daishiki Jones and Israel Marcano will be spinning nu and classic disco, tech house, cosmic disco, minimal techno and deep underground house music. There is no cover charge. In the meantime make sure to check out Mr. Daishiki Jones' Classic '90s House mix.
Keep the Dallas Observer Free... Since we started the Dallas Observer, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Dallas, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Dallas with no paywalls.