Dorrough's still spending his days as a BET darling, and, as such, spent part of last week taking a crew from BET.com's The Deal on a tour of his old stomping grounds as a student at Prairie View A&M University. In the clip above, you can watch Dorrough and his crew's take on the event, as they, too, filmed the whole thing while the BET cameras were rolling. Among the highlights:
- Dorrough's sweet new chain piece--which features a picture of himself on it.
- Dorrough riding around campus in a golf cart like Van Wilder.
- A group of students singing along to every single word of "Ice Cream Paint Job."
- A performance from Prairie View A&M's marching band.
- Dorrough promising that he's going to one day return to the school to get his business marketing degree.
Not sure about the last one--but our thought process might just be a little distracted by Dorrough's new single, "Wired to the T."
Keep the Dallas Observer Free... Since we started the Dallas Observer, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Dallas, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Dallas with no paywalls.