By my count, there are at least seven bands with North Texas ties that are playing the festival. They are, in no particular order:
- Hudson Moore, whom we already mentioned.
- Ruby Jane, the 16-year-old Dallas-born fiddle prodigy, who will be playing the fest for her second straight year. Catch her on the Austin Ventures stage on Sunday morning at 11:20.
- Jack Ingram, who is from The Woodlands, but got his career going while attending SMU here in Dallas. He performs Sunday at 6 p.m. on the Vista Equity stage.
- Court Yard Hounds, the side project from Austin Ventures, from Dallas-bred sisters Martie Maguire and Emily Robison of the Dixie Chicks. They perform Saturday, at 7 p.m. on the Austin Ventures stage.
- Dallas native Ariel Saldivar is currently on tour with Broken Social Scene and will be performing with them at ACL. Catch her at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday at the Bud Light stage.
- 20-year-old guitar prodigy Tyler Bryant, who we interviewed earlier this week, will be playing the BMI stage on Saturday at 11:15 a.m. He's from Honey Grove, which really puts the "north" in North Texas.
- Sara Hickman, once the Sarah Jaffe of her late-'80s and early '90s Deep Ellum day, will be playing two sets on the Austin Kiddie Limits stage, first on Friday at 2:30 p.m., and then again on Saturday at 1:30 p.m.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
So, there you go.