Taylor Swift mania will sweep across Dallas next summer. Log in to Ticketmaster and hope for the best when tickets go on sale. Elsewhere, we've got a couple of country and Americana legends passing through; and two of hip-hop's strongest forces join together. All that and a bit more in this week's run of announcements.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Resale Concert Tickets
- Taylor Swift is embarking on a major North American tour, which will arrive at Arlington's AT&T Stadium on Oct. 6, and likely be one of the year's biggest concerts. Swift will be playing songs from Reputation, and at this time, the show is the last date of the summer/fall leg of the tour. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 17, at ticketmaster.com.
- American standard-bearer and living legend Tony Bennett will appear at the Winspear Opera House on April 26. At age 91, the songsmith shows few signs of slowing down. He's still touring the globe, collaborating with other famous artists, and making fans swoon with material he's honed over decades. This week, he was also awarded the 2017 Gershwin Prize for popular song from the Library of Congress. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 17, at axs.com.
- I'm With Her, the appropriately named musical collaboration between acclaimed Americana artists Sara Watkins, Sarah Jarosz and Aoife O' Donovan will come to the Majestic Theatre on April 19. The trio will be out on the road for much of 2018, touring behind their upcoming debut LP. Tickets are on sale now at prekindle.com.
- For the first time in 37 years, ELO frontman Jeff Lynne is taking the band's music out on the road. The recent Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is expected to play an assortment of the band's greatest hits, as he'll be promoting Wembley or Bust, a live album and concert film out this month. The tour stops at American Airlines Center on Aug. 13. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 17, at ticketmaster.com.
- Tyler, the Creator and Vince Staples have joined forces for a tour that will keep them going from January through March. First, Tyler plays solo at the South Side Ballroom on Nov. 22, then on Feb. 8 he'll return to Dallas, with Staples in tow, for a gig at the Bomb Factory. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 17, at ticketfly.com.
- Sarah Jaffe will play a two-night stand on her home turf. She'll bring her illuminating live show to Denton's friendly dive bar, Dan's Silverleaf, on Jan. 6 and 7. Some other local favorites are expected to show up to sing and play along. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 17, at prekindle.com.
- The Verizon Theater at Grand Prairie will bring country legend Alan Jackson to town on Feb. 16, as part of his long national Honky Tonk Highway Tour. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 17, at axs.com.
- Colorado bluegrass-ers Yonder Mountain String Band are coming to the Granada Theater on Feb. 2. They'll be touring behind their upcoming release, Love. Ain't Love. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 17, at prekindle.com.
- Grammy-winning Americana troubadour Delbert McClinton makes an appearance at the Granada Theater on Feb. 9. A legend on the national touring circuit, McClinton brings a healthy doses of pathos and humor to his live shows. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 17, at prekindle.com.
- Songwriter, vocalist and multi-instrumentalist K. Flay is bringing her Every Where Is Some Where tour to the Granada Theater. Expect stellar songcraft and showmanship. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 17, at prekindle.com.
- The ever-funky Rebirth Brass Band will turn the Granada Theater into a full-fledged Mardi Gras party when they hit the stage on March 30. If you're a fan of soulful jamming reminiscent of Trombone Shorty, Sharon Jones or the Neville Brothers, then you'll be into this show. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 17, at prekindle.com.
- Also on March 30, the Kessler Theater presents "An Evening with Nils Lofgren." The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and longtime member of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band has been making his own music for over 46 years. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 17, at prekindle.com.