5. When the Heat are in The Finals, Miami brings out the big hitters. And who might they be? Jimmy Buffet. Gloria Estefan. Queen Latifah. And Ludacris. Yes, those are ranked worst to first.
4. If the Mavs' bench can't obliterate the Heat's sorry subs, this will be a looong series. Midway through the fourth quarter Mario Chalmers, Mike Miller and the boys had outscored Dallas' strength, 22-17. Recipe for disaster.
3. By the way, rumors and even a "breaking news" story that Dirk got engaged last weekend are bogus. Mavs say no. Yes he has a serious Swedish girlfriend, but as of now she ain't no fiancee. Whew. Would've been curious timing, at best.
2. When LeBron James drives the lane with two minutes left in a playoff game, Dirk and Tyson Chandler can't spectate. What should've been a hard playoff foul was instead James dunking for an 85-75 lead that sealed the deal. Sorry, but that smacked of "soft."
1. This was no doubt the Mavs' worst game of the postseason. Too many offensive rebounds allowed (16). Reserves outscored by Miami's sorry subs (-10). Not a Finals-worthy performance.
Keep the Dallas Observer Free... Since we started the Dallas Observer, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Dallas, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Dallas with no paywalls.