10. Backup quarterback Jon Kitna didn't practice for a second consecutive day on Tuesday because of a sore back yesterday. Move along, nothing to see here. (Fingers crossed.)
9. Owner Jerry Jones thinks running back Felix Jones is the key to the season: "If he's real good, we'll be real good." He hasn't been real good the last two days, dropping passes in each of the last three sessions at Cowboys Stadium.
8. Told you Igor Olshansky was in trouble. The Wade Phillips holdover has been demoted behind Kenyon Coleman at right defensive end.
7. Defensive end Jason Hatcher apparently was trapped in the team's hotel the other night for 15 minutes. Joked Hatcher, who live Tweeted the event: "I learned a lot about myself in there."
6. Saw where the Texans racked up seven sacks of the Jets in a pre-season game Monday night under a new defensive coordinator named Wade Phillips. Don't even start. Yes, it was his fault here in Dallas.
5. Cowboys signed a partnership yesterday with Reliant Energy. Maybe they heard about the $500,000 monthly A/C bills.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. Kicker Dan Bailey missed his only field goal on Monday and ended Tuesday's practice by doinking, missing a 54-yarder off the right upright. That's five of his last six no good. David Buehler didn't kick yesterday while nursing a sore hip.
3. Two times in camp the Cowboys have tried a double-reverse with Dez Bryant pitching to Miles Austin, and twice it's resulted in ugly fumbles because Dez doesn't lead Miles. Don't be surprised if that play is scrapped. Dez on an end-around pulling up to throw? Book it.
2. Andre Gurode is back under center, which means Phil Costa is on the move, which means David Arkin is on the move, which means Bill Nagy is on the move. Translation: Gurode starts at center and, for now, Nagy is your starting left guard. Arkin looked good, but the Cowboys wanna see Nagy. Of course, Montrae Holland -- or perhaps a free agent along the lines of Brian Waters -- still lurks as well.
1. I was amazed Monday to look up and see four workers -- tied to safety lines, of course -- walking on the roof of Cowboys Stadium Monday. They were doing the once-a-year cleaning. It'd be a great view and an adrenalin rush, but no thanks. Then I read about this fatality just outside at about the same time. Sad.